SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Indiana State 11/05/22

SiouxFan100

7 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am much more confident with South Dakota at home then ISU on the road. This week is the bigger game of the two. 

Problem is, you lose to either a 1-7 (ISU) or 2-6 (USD) team, and you then ultimately lose your spot in the playoffs. Bubba and UND need to get the job done. No excuses. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Problem is, you lose to either a 1-7 (ISU) or 2-6 (USD) team, and you then ultimately lose your spot in the playoffs. Bubba and UND need to get the job done. No excuses. 

Profound.  You stay up all night thinking about this because you care more than anyone.:love:

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Weather forecast for Saturday looks rough. Wind gusts in the 40's and showers. Going to need to get the run game going. Whoever has fewer turnovers wins.

Looks they are averaging 124 yards/game on the ground and giving up almost 179. Hopefully a big day for Hoosman, Smith (hold onto the ball) and Ziebarth. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Looks they are averaging 124 yards/game on the ground and giving up almost 179. Hopefully a big day for Hoosman, Smith (hold onto the ball) and Ziebarth. 

Hopefully our o-line can open the holes against their d-line. 

I guess that is at least one good thing about most of our passes being short, maybe still be able to complete some of those.  If it is that windy.....and some showers, that sounds like about as bad of conditions as you can get.  Definitely have to hang onto the ball! 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I guess that is at least one good thing about most of our passes being short, maybe still be able to complete some of those.  If it is that windy.....and some showers, that sounds like about as bad of conditions as you can get.  Definitely have to hang onto the ball! 

I don’t trust Tommy throwing into a strong wind. He’s a finesse thrower without a very tight spiral. Kinda like manning. And he had major struggles in weather games.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I don’t trust Tommy throwing into a strong wind. He’s a finesse thrower without a very tight spiral. Kinda like manning. And he had major struggles in weather games.

We may have to watch those long WR screen type passes out wide in the wind if there are any defenders close to line of scrimmage ;)

The scramble drill type of pass plays may become pretty dicey.  Seems like on a lot of those he has to loft them in there, and generally does so perfectly....but with a 30 mph wind those perfectly lofted type of throws could hang and get picked.  

Maybe we see a bit more of Quincy in for running, or maybe even Romfo for a play or two.  That said, don't get too cute unless you really need to.