SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Indiana State 11/05/22

SiouxFan100

NWS for Terra Haute:

Saturday: Showers likely, mainly before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 21 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

16 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

We may have to watch those long WR screen type passes out wide in the wind if there are any defenders close to line of scrimmage ;)

The scramble drill type of pass plays may become pretty dicey.  Seems like on a lot of those he has to loft them in there, and generally does so perfectly....but with a 30 mph wind those perfectly lofted type of throws could hang and get picked.  

Maybe we see a bit more of Quincy in for running, or maybe even Romfo for a play or two.  That said, don't get too cute unless you really need to. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Quincy run that was any longer than a Tommy run.

41 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I swear to God people, Quincy is NOT a running qb. He’s large and strong and has been great at grinding out those qb sneaks but he is a POCKET PASSER. Watch his hudl film. 

I never said he was Eric Crouch.  I meant if weather conditions are horrible he could come in and power run up the middle and possible get 3-4 yards on occasion.  It's turf though so it's not going to be like it's a sloppy muddy field.  It's mostly going to have to be on the OL and Hoos to get it done though, and maybe more Ziebarth than normal this week. 

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I never said he was Eric Crouch.  I meant if weather conditions are horrible he could come in and power run up the middle and possible get 3-4 yards on occasion.  It's turf though so it's not going to be like it's a sloppy muddy field.  It's mostly going to have to be on the OL and Hoos to get it done though, and maybe more Ziebarth than normal this week. 

I like when Smith and Red get outside the tackles and on screens.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I swear to God people, Quincy is NOT a running qb. He’s large and strong and has been great at grinding out those qb sneaks but he is a POCKET PASSER. Watch his hudl film. 

He did take off for about a 10 yard scramble against Southern Illinois in one of his only snaps as a traditional QB this year 

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’d rather have the RBs hanging onto the rock in inclement weather. Hood in particular seems to have rock solid ball security. What a great trade he has been for Otis. All around upgrade.

Agreed, just wish we had him for more than a year. Does UNI have any other really good backs they don't need next season?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shep said:

I like when Smith and Red get outside the tackles and on screens.

I don't think we've seen Red on a true sweep lately either, might not be a bad time for one.  I think on those Tommy just kinda pushes the ball up and forward slightly, if he bobbles it and drops it.....incomplete pass.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yeah Mitchell was suited up for the SDSU game I know. 

I spoke with hid Father and he was excited to see him finally suited up.  Mitchell has had some tough breaks.  Man if we could have some breakouts with Dennis, Skona and Mitchell against SU.  How much film do they have on them.  :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

over under on rushing yds for the good guys

im taking the over

35-24 und

Given they average giving up about that on the ground, and the crappy weather conditions (meaning we will probably run more than normal).....we better get at least that or we are in trouble.   Checking the hourly forecast for tomorrow, hope we win the toss and can defer, looks like chance or rain will be less in the second half.