SiouxSports.com Forum

Close it out! Saturday Night VS QU

FightingSU

24 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Top 2 lines as is. James slides up with Schmaltz and Blake then Constantini Kunz Strinden. Ness extra.

DeRidder needs to get back out there. 

So, Portz and Albrecht out for Ness and Strinden.  This all looks good to me.

38 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Top 2 lines as is. James slides up with Schmaltz and Blake then Constantini Kunz Strinden. Ness extra.

DeRidder needs to get back out there. 

Agreed I’d start DeRidder again. Ive been fairly vocal about Kunz playing…his leash may be getting shorter and shorter. Foot speed can be an issue with him. Portz with 2 pts in 2 games, he’ll stay in the lineup 

I really am looking forward to more performance from our skilled freshman. Really showing they have got skill and can’t wait to see where they develop in this program. I didn’t mind the lineups last night but idk.. personally I’d like to see Hellsten start over DeRidder. DeRidder hasn’t impressed me yet. …. I say from my couch. 

I'd say go back to DeRidder.  He seems a bit more calm/poised than Hellsten in net so far.
From my view watching on TV, it looked like four of the five QU goals were excellent shots from high scoring areas (the 4th QU goal seemed like one that should have been stopped most days).  It's hard to fault the goalie on them IMO.  Would I have liked to see them stop 1-2 of the others?  Absolutely.

I still think this is DeRidder's net to lose at this point in the season.

43 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

A Quinnipiac poll for SiouxSports Nation: Which actor does Rand Pecknold (top/left picture) resemble more: Toby Stephens (center picture, "Lost in Space"), OR John C. McGinley (bottom/right picture, Platoon, "Scrubs")? 

Rand Pecknoldimage.png.d5854c666ea6101c498a22514217406e.pngimage.png.d72f56c2426c6e63a4a2415098fcc909.png

Bottom

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kevin G said:

A Quinnipiac poll for SiouxSports Nation: Which actor does Rand Pecknold (top/left picture) resemble more: Toby Stephens (center picture, "Lost in Space"), OR John C. McGinley (bottom/right picture, Platoon, "Scrubs")? 

Rand Pecknoldimage.png.d5854c666ea6101c498a22514217406e.pngimage.png.d72f56c2426c6e63a4a2415098fcc909.png

Definitely the guy who plays dead and hides underneath a fallen comrade. He also plays a huge chump in Point Break.

1 hour ago, Kevin G said:

He's like Gwozdecky, without the titles. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Agreed I’d start DeRidder again. Ive been fairly vocal about Kunz playing…his leash may be getting shorter and shorter. Foot speed can be an issue with him. Portz with 2 pts in 2 games, he’ll stay in the lineup 

Play Kunz tonight, and then assess whether he should play on the big ice surface at Mariucci next week, or put in Albrecht.  They are set up better speed wise for the bigger ice surface, but gapping is always an issue when you play on it so rarely. Huge advantage for Minnesota in that regard.  But let’s finish off this series well and have confidence heading there next week.

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

Play Kunz tonight, and then assess whether he should play on the big ice surface at Mariucci next week, or put in Albrecht.  They are set up better speed wise for the bigger ice surface, but gapping is always an issue when you play on it so rarely. Huge advantage for Minnesota in that regard.  But let’s finish off this series well and have confidence heading there next week.

Yeah smart move…he has to play on a skilled line because he’s a skill guy, not really a bottom 3 guy even though he’s a big boy. He deserves a longer leash given his pedigree