SiouxSports.com Forum

Week#2....Here comes the Q.

Wilbur

Their roster shows ten Graduate Students/Seniors combined so they are not lacking in experience.  With their stud goalie, kinda sounds like a Mankato recipe for building their team.

Too early in the year to take much stock in a 2-2 tie with LIU.  Should be an excellent early test for our boys.

Go Sioux!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Omg, I forgot about Rand Peckbold. Ugh, dislike that dude.

In all honesty, of all the teams we played last year, I thought they were the best. I haven't taken a deep dive, but I know their stud goalie is back. They played a crazy good possession game last year, so I expect something similar. 

We have plenty of guys who thrive in that possession game. Looking at Hain, Sendo, Jammer. It feels like we have more skill this year and if we can wear the game down and match their grind, I feel like this could be a good weekend. 

Would love a sweep, but anything more than one win this weekend should be well received. I say we win and tie... Take the 66% in the PWR with an OT winner. I'd be thrilled. 

Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable. :) UND beating them last year on their home ice was huge. I expect a hard-fought series. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Okay, be honest, how many had Chris Jandric to be the FIRST UND defenseman to win NCHC honors as a POtW?

Congrats!

and thank you!! for messing up The Q's scouting and preparation   ("which pair is their top pair again coach?")

Of the guys they got last year in the portal I was the most impressed with Jandric.  Love his game.  Keeps it so so simple. and he'd be top pair a lot of places around the country.  Being who he is will allow Johnson the opportunity to jump into the play and show us some of that offense that he is capable of providing from the blue line.

Next year we may be a bit thin on the d side of things, but they could probably just get two or three in the portal if we're being honest.      

• Upvote 1

On 10/10/2022 at 9:09 AM, Blackheart said:

Their roster shows ten Graduate Students/Seniors combined so they are not lacking in experience.  With their stud goalie, kinda sounds like a Mankato recipe for building their team.

Rumor has it that the QU players’ wives and kids will be in section 312 on Friday and Saturday night. 

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Okay, be honest, how many had Chris Jandric to be the FIRST UND defenseman to win NCHC honors as a POtW?

Congrats!

and thank you!! for messing up The Q's scouting and preparation   ("which pair is their top pair again coach?")

I sure didn't. I wasn't the highest on him after last season, but he sure showed up last weekend. Made some really nice plays!

• Upvote 2

I don’t think there is a link in the app to share.

If you click on the all sports tab at the bottom of the home page, scroll down to hockey, there are various hockey leagues including college hockey which takes you to the betting lines that are available. Not every game is on the board (last weekend UND wasn’t). Hope this helps.

Went 2-0 last weekend in college hockey, fun to throw a little cash on a few games. I already know Sioux fans will effect ASU game betting line when we all arrive in Vegas, I will have to hit that line early in the week. 

13 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Been almost 3 years since my last trip to  GF for a series…looking for hotel recommendations.  PM me please so as to not clog up the thread. 

I always stayed at the Townhouse downtown, had a bar and not to bad of a drunken walk from the pepper.

And now it doesn't exist. 

13 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Been almost 3 years since my last trip to  GF for a series…looking for hotel recommendations.  PM me please so as to not clog up the thread. 

Canad or bust. I enjoyed talking to the Holy Cross dads after the game at the bar last weekend, they were nice and honest that they sucked lol. I also got to meet Carter Mazur and his dad and Grandpa last year at Tavern United. This is the place to go since thats where the other team stays, its fun to laugh at them when they lose.

15 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Q was ranked #1 for preseason according to which poll? It vaguely sounds familiar, but I can't locate what poll this would be in reference to.

On Schlossman's ballot. 

(Schloss picked DU to win it all last year.) 

• Upvote 1