SiouxSports.com Forum

Week#2....Here comes the Q.

Wilbur

Big boy hockey next weekend at the Ralph when America's favorite hockey coach visits with the Schlossman trophy preseason champion Quinnipiac Bobcats. 

De Jong is a dude, and they've got themselves a pretty good French Canadian goaltender.

My heart says win Friday and split the weekend.  De Jong should see a lot of Hain-Jammer-Senden.  

Maybe the Q was looking ahead a bit, but not a great tie for them.  

Watched some highlights of them @BC and they seemed very much in control of things.  Given our history against BC I'll give them an atta boy for that road performance.

I'll still say a split.  Rand will have them prepared. 

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Watched some highlights of them @BC and they seemed very much in control of things.  Given our history against BC I'll give them an atta boy for that road performance.

Why does everyone talk about Boston College like they are still national title contenders? They haven't been a factor for several years now.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yeah, agreed with fs4life...the BC of today is nowhere near the teams that used to have UND's number for all those years.
Still, not a great look for a top 10 team like QU to tie (shootout win) against LIU.

I'm still hoping for a split...if better than that, I'll be ecstatic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Why does everyone talk about Boston College like they are still national title contenders? They haven't been a factor for several years now.

I can never forget what Nate Gerbe did....ever....ever...:lol:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Why’s everyone hate rand

I know Hennessy isn’t too enamored with him. He has called him a jerk because of his attitude and arrogance, and he might have stood him up after saying he would do an interview. Listen to him this week and he might tell what his issues are with him.

• Upvote 1

Omg, I forgot about Rand Peckbold. Ugh, dislike that dude.

In all honesty, of all the teams we played last year, I thought they were the best. I haven't taken a deep dive, but I know their stud goalie is back. They played a crazy good possession game last year, so I expect something similar. 

We have plenty of guys who thrive in that possession game. Looking at Hain, Sendo, Jammer. It feels like we have more skill this year and if we can wear the game down and match their grind, I feel like this could be a good weekend. 

Would love a sweep, but anything more than one win this weekend should be well received. I say we win and tie... Take the 66% in the PWR with an OT winner. I'd be thrilled. 

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Would love a sweep, but anything more than one win this weekend should be well received. I say we win and tie... Take the 66% in the PWR with an OT winner. I'd be thrilled. 

Agreed for sure.

And I'll take Dylan James for the OT winner on his first career goal. ;) 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Omg, I forgot about Rand Peckbold. Ugh, dislike that dude.

In all honesty, of all the teams we played last year, I thought they were the best. I haven't taken a deep dive, but I know their stud goalie is back. They played a crazy good possession game last year, so I expect something similar. 

We have plenty of guys who thrive in that possession game. Looking at Hain, Sendo, Jammer. It feels like we have more skill this year and if we can wear the game down and match their grind, I feel like this could be a good weekend. 

I’ve looked into them a bit. I read somewhere they have the largest roster turnover in the ECAC this year but considering the amount of wrong info in season previews I read last week, I will take that info with a grain of salt. 

They have eight freshmen but just looking at early stats, don’t think they have actually played 8 freshmen. 

I think we are deeper up front and that’s where we may have an edge. They lost some significant offensive contributors from last year’s team, but there were still a few names I recognized.

• Upvote 2