SiouxSports.com Forum

Week#2....Here comes the Q.

Wilbur

I thought Albrecht brought his A game Saturday night and it seems like he deserves to stay in the lineup until he screws up enough. I didn't think they would put Costantini as 4th line center but he played incredibly well as center so I am interested to see if he stays on a line with Albrecht due to their chemistry.  

Also if anyone has a bowl of crow for me to eat, I was completely wrong about the Hain-Jammer-Senden line because I thought they would break it up and dang that line was just stellar all weekend. So let's keep them together (shame on me for feeling otherwise). But can we please put Blake on a line with Gaber and Keep #28 away from Gaber's line? It didn't work in the playoffs last year and hardly any offense was generated by that line on Saturday this past weekend. Gaber needs a change and they seemed destined to keep him with Schmaltz which is cool but the other wing should be a high-skill guy like Blake (or  maybe even James just to shake it up)?

Wondering what others' thoughts are regarding who you think should slot in with Gaber. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

I thought Albrecht brought his A game Saturday night and it seems like he deserves to stay in the lineup until he screws up enough. I didn't think they would put Costantini as 4th line center but he played incredibly well as center so I am interested to see if he stays on a line with Albrecht due to their chemistry.  

Also if anyone has a bowl of crow for me to eat, I was completely wrong about the Hain-Jammer-Senden line because I thought they would break it up and dang that line was just stellar all weekend. So let's keep them together (shame on me for feeling otherwise). But can we please put Blake on a line with Gaber and Keep #28 away from Gaber's line? It didn't work in the playoffs last year and hardly any offense was generated by that line on Saturday this past weekend. Gaber needs a change and they seemed destined to keep him with Schmaltz which is cool but the other wing should be a high-skill guy like Blake (or  maybe even James just to shake it up)?

Wondering what others' thoughts are regarding who you think should slot in with Gaber. 

I would agree that trying Blake with him is worth a shot although I thought Blake and Mcloughlin had pretty good chemistry on Saturday night. Honestly I think a lot of it comes down to Gaber. Like many have said on here already, it is obvious he is trying to do too much on his own and just needs to play his game and let the game come to him rather than trying to force it. It seems inevitable that if he keeps playing the way he is he is going to give up a breakaway when he is trying to stickhandle going back towards the blueline. 

• Upvote 1

Most opposing teams arrive on Thursday ahead of a Friday-Saturday series in Ralph Engelstad Arena. Quinnipiac decided to come a day early. The Bobcats are already in Grand Forks and practiced in Ralph Engelstad Arena for the first time Wednesday night. They also will practice in The Ralph on Thursday. This is not a normal nonconference trip for Quinnipiac. The Bobcats have not played a game in the Central time zone since the 2015 NCAA regionals in Fargo. They have played twice at Arizona State since then and once in a regional in Loveland, Colo.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 1972 said:

he is, i believe, the only coach that TH absolutely cant stand....pre-game interview should be interesting(if it happens at all...that's how much TH dislikes him)

I don’t think there was a pre-game interview with him when we were at QU last year. 

Don’t quote me on that but I think going into the weekend I wondered if there would be because of how much Tim hates him. So I listened to see and I think there wasn’t. 

• Upvote 2

If UND gets into a shootout this season, don't be surprised if Griffin Ness is the first choice to take the shot. Ness was one of the best on the team last season in the weekly shootout drill — if not the best — and he's starting hot this year, too. Ness won Thursday's shootout in Ralph Engelstad Arena, outlasting Jackson Blake and Louis Jamernik V. It was a battle to win, because Kaleb Johnson was on fire in net. The three shootout winners so far this year: Gavin Hain, Ryan Sidorski and Ness. Sidorski hit the post on a highlight-reel move Thursday. For a stay-at-home defenseman, he has some big-time shootout moves.

6 hours ago, SeamoreSports said:

We are coming to cover the game this Friday from a  visiting team perspective, with that said here are some things that we will be watching for in the series. 

Should be a good series at REA, and one we could see again in Fargo, or in April. https://seamoresports.com/2022/10/12/quinnipiac-und-three-things-to-watch/

You spelled Jakob Hellsten’s name wrong - but welcome anyway