SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

12 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Yeah, upset down in Tucson and the Bison lose their Super Bowl. 

Now their season is incomplete, even a title won’t make up for losing their FBS game to some of their fans. They better get used to it because unless they start paying P5 NIL money they won’t be able to recruit elite talent to Fargo. Elite talent will go to a P5 school out of HS or will get poached by the P5 if they are elite in their early years. Recruiting elite players to come win championships isn’t going to sell like it used to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He had a couple nice throws to Hunter for TDs, maybe they don’t stretch it out because no one can get open, Henderson is their only burner. Sproles is a joke. Cam is a great QB 

notice how they tried to replace him with reuben last year and are quickly/quietly replacing him that 230lb freshman.....

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

notice how they tried to replace him with reuben last year and are quickly/quietly replacing him that 230lb freshman.....

I guess, but he still led that team to another title. They brought in that transfer because their QBs are young, and most don’t start til jr or sr year. I’m not looking forward to playing him this year!

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Why don’t they play their backup then? You know you would take their QB room over ours.

they are...the freshman played quite a few plays....that freshman looks like a stud ....physically.....but can he throw?

granted ndac doesn't have to throw that much but when cam HAD to throw last night he threw a "bubble screen' or whatever that was that got blown the F up on 3rd down....

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

they are...the freshman played quite a few plays....that freshman looks like a stud ....physically.....but can he throw?

granted ndac doesn't have to throw that much but when cam HAD to throw last night he threw a "bubble screen' or whatever that was that got blown the F up on 3rd down....

Arizona was really FAST on the edges, no reason to run those plays when they can’t stop the power run. The only wide run I saw was Henderson and makes me worried for our game because we are not as fast as Arizona.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Honestly I would blame the play calling before I would question the QB room. Cam was the starter last year because he was more accurate than the transfer

agreed...the transfer couldn't throw...he sucked.

but he was gonna better than carson, the mouth breather, and mr trey.........................combined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two interesting games in the Valley this week.

Bison head down to Verm to take on the Yotes.  USD still in the middle of their death part of the schedule, looking to perhaps steal one at home.  Bison might take their frustrations out on the poor Yotes.  

Springfield is the place for the big showdown:  SDSU tangles with Mo State.  A Bears win could really put them in a strong position to win the valley (remember, they avoid NDSU this year).  SDSU would love nothing more than to establish themselves as the kings of the valley and a national title threat and a win against Mo State would do the trick.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Now their season is incomplete, even a title won’t make up for losing their FBS game to some of their fans. They better get used to it because unless they start paying P5 NIL money they won’t be able to recruit elite talent to Fargo. Elite talent will go to a P5 school out of HS or will get poached by the P5 if they are elite in their early years. Recruiting elite players to come win championships isn’t going to sell like it used to.

Recruiting should be pretty unaffected. The kids who can command any legitimate money out of high school don't and won't ever go to NDSU. 

Some guys who outperform their recruiting ranking will leave maybe. But that's a good problem to have and under current transfer rules, would happen anyway. 

They get a few kids with P5 "offers" (hard to tell often whether offers are actionable). But that's the exception, not the norm. Maybe that will dries up. 

As for the game: people are disappointed and should be. I think if they played ten times it would be a toss up. Both teams probably wish they had a few plays back lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Recruiting should be pretty unaffected. The kids who can command any legitimate money out of high school don't and won't ever go to NDSU. 

Some guys who outperform their recruiting ranking will leave maybe. But that's a good problem to have and under current transfer rules, would happen anyway. 

They get a few kids with P5 "offers" (hard to tell often whether offers are actionable). But that's the exception, not the norm. Maybe that will dries up. 

As for the game: people are disappointed and should be. I think if they played ten times it would be a toss up. Both teams probably wish they had a few plays back lol

Is it really not going to be affected? Their big QB recruit chose Washington over NDSU, probably because of NIL. All P5’s will have NIL money soon so the rest of the bottom feeders in the G5 and FCS will have to pony up or not get these guys. Heck even walk in’s are getting money so they are not even really walk in’s anymore.

15 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Is it really not going to be affected? Their big QB recruit chose Washington over NDSU, probably because of NIL. All P5’s will have NIL money soon so the rest of the bottom feeders in the G5 and FCS will have to pony up or not get these guys. Heck even walk in’s are getting money so they are not even really walk in’s anymore.

He probably chose Washington because it's a P5 Washington.  I doubt NIL played much of a role.

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing UWash coach and SD native Kalen DeBoer, and his offensive mindset, had significant influence on the decision. 

I saw part of a UWash game over the weekend.
Purple guys running jet sweeps against guys in green and white was giving me PTSD from about a decade ago
DeBoer's current QB came up 3 yards short of 400 passing against Michigan State. 

• Like 1

Some great matchups this weekend in the MVFC

SDSU at Miss St - probably the game of the week for the FCS.  Thinking I'd take Miss St. after last weekends games/scores. 

NDSU at USD - USD can be tough and a tough place to play, but the Bison will be pissed after losing

UND at SIU

10 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Some great matchups this weekend in the MVFC

SDSU at Miss St - probably the game of the week for the FCS.  Thinking I'd take Miss St. after last weekends games/scores. Missouri St. by 3 scores (17-21 points)

NDSU at USD - USD can be tough and a tough place to play, but the Bison will be pissed after losing  NDSU domination (>21 points)

UND at SIU UND by 4 points

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm guessing UWash coach and SD native Kalen DeBoer, and his offensive mindset, had significant influence on the decision. 

I saw part of a UWash game over the weekend.
Purple guys running jet sweeps against guys in green and white was giving me PTSD from about a decade ago
DeBoer's current QB came up 3 yards short of 400 passing against Michigan State. 

So question for ya.  If years ago DeBoer comes to Grand Forks is he still here or coaching FBS?  

kinda kept waiting for the cass county clowns to bring the big "F U" that Arizona's coach threw out at the end of the game........checking twitter on Sunday made my day...sounds like the nice folks of Tucson wanted those bizon pricks gone asap.....including Jedd!!!!!!!!

kelly and mcdrooly aer going at it right now on the twitters