SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

40 minutes ago, franchise said:

He was?

I was told that the offer was extended when Jasper bailed, but Adam decided to wait a year and go to Michigan.

His birthdate is 10-12-04…he’s a junior in high school right now and accelerating school to play at mich next year. Not eligible for the draft until 2023.

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

That, during the 2021-22 season, a 17 year old, would be mauled by a team like MSU-Mankato. 

I'm not sure I agree. Jonathan Toews came in as a 17 year old freshman at UND, and did pretty well his freshman year. He had 22 goals and 17 assists for 39 points as a 17 year old (he also accelerated his education and was in reality a high school senior). He was an impact player in the regional at the REA against Michigan, scoring at least 2 more goals. 

33 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I've been told by a reliable source that James will be coming in this year.

I think that's a good decision.
He's a goal scorer, and we certainly need goal scorers, even if they're young and might need to acclimate a bit to the college game.

Then the question remains...who else enters the transfer portal?

50 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

I'm not sure I agree. Jonathan Toews came in as a 17 year old freshman at UND, and did pretty well his freshman year. He had 22 goals and 17 assists for 39 points as a 17 year old (he also accelerated his education and was in reality a high school senior). He was an impact player in the regional at the REA against Michigan, scoring at least 2 more goals. 

Fantilli was a year younger than Toews…he needs to accelerate to play next season. But…he’s also a really big boy. So he could play this year I’m sure.

12 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Fantilli was a year younger than Toews…he needs to accelerate to play next season. But…he’s also a really big boy. So he could play this year I’m sure.

My point is that 17 year olds with special abilities can make a huge impact in college. Fantilli is probably hyped more than Toews was, and as you said, is a very big boy. I expect him to make an impact as a 17 year old freshman. 

16 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

My point is that 17 year olds with special abilities can make a huge impact in college. Fantilli is probably hyped more than Toews was, and as you said, is a very big boy. I expect him to make an impact as a 17 year old freshman. 

I completely agree with you, he “could” have played this year. I guess my initial point was this isn’t really a Toews comparison because he is a true junior (10/12/04) this year while Toews played as a true senior (4/29/88) at Und. I get it they are only 5.5/6 months apart…but I’ve never heard of a -2 playing college puck. That would be beyond some shattuck type accelerating :)

• Upvote 2

2022-23 NORTH DAKOTA NCHC SCHEDULE:
Nov. 4-5 – at Omaha
Nov. 11-12 – DENVER
Nov. 18-19 – MIAMI

Dec. 2-3 – at St. Cloud State
Dec. 9-10 – at Western Michigan
Jan. 13-14 – WESTERN MICHIGAN
Jan. 20-21 – MINNESOTA DULUTH

Jan. 27-28 – at Miami
Feb. 10-11 – at Denver
Feb. 17-18 – ST. CLOUD STATE
Feb. 24-25 – at Colorado College
Mar. 3-4 – OMAHA
Mar. 10-12 – NCHC Quarterfinals (Best-of-3 - at home sites)

Mar. 17-18 – NCHC Frozen Faceoff (Xcel Energy Center - St. Paul, Minn.)

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

2022-23 NORTH DAKOTA NCHC SCHEDULE:
Nov. 4-5 – at Omaha
Nov. 11-12 – DENVER
Nov. 18-19 – MIAMI

Dec. 2-3 – at St. Cloud State
Dec. 9-10 – at Western Michigan
Jan. 13-14 – WESTERN MICHIGAN
Jan. 20-21 – MINNESOTA DULUTH

Jan. 27-28 – at Miami
Feb. 10-11 – at Denver
Feb. 17-18 – ST. CLOUD STATE
Feb. 24-25 – at Colorado College
Mar. 3-4 – OMAHA
Mar. 10-12 – NCHC Quarterfinals (Best-of-3 - at home sites)

Mar. 17-18 – NCHC Frozen Faceoff (Xcel Energy Center - St. Paul, Minn.)

Some logistical things I like about this schedule. I like starting off on the road and finishing at home. I like ending the 1st half on the road. I like the week off during the second half in-between road series. Only one true back to back road series and that is starting with the most convenient road trip to SCSU and ending with 1st half schedule, so not bad. Like having a week off before traveling to Denver.  

31 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I thought we got a return trip to Cornell. We really need to get some payback from big red. 

Don’t know about that. We were supposed to go there in 2020-21 season, but Cornell pulled out of that season. (And there was no non conference) I don’t know the contract details to know if we will still make that trip. 

13 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I thought Schloss had mentioned that the Cornell return trip was still happening.
Maybe they just need to release/finalize the dates for it still?

There has to be four games missing.  As posted I only see 31 games.  My guess is the other four are Bemidji and Cornell. 

1 minute ago, rochsioux said:

There has to be four games missing.  As posted I only see 31 games.  My guess is the other four are Bemidji and Cornell. 

Bemidji is over Thanksgiving. And Schloss mentioned in the article about the schedule today that there is an early January weekend they are still trying to schedule a series for. 

from the herald:
Oct. 1 — Exhibition TBD
Oct. 7-8 — HOLY CROSS
Oct. 14-15 — QUINNIPIAC
Oct. 21-22 — at Minnesota
Oct. 29 — vs. Arizona State in Las Vegas
Nov. 4-5 — at Omaha
Nov. 11-12 — DENVER
Nov. 18-19 — MIAMI
Nov. 25-26 — at Bemidji State/BEMIDJI STATE
Dec. 2-3 — at St. Cloud State
Dec. 9-10 — at Western Michigan
Dec. 31 — U.S. UNDER-18 (exhibition)
Jan. 6-7 — Nonconference TBD
Jan. 13-14 — WESTERN MICHIGAN
Jan. 20-21 — MINNESOTA DULUTH
Jan. 27-28 — at Miami
Feb. 10-11 — at Denver
Feb. 17-18 — ST. CLOUD STATE
Feb. 24-25 — at Colorado College
March 3-4 — OMAHA
March 10-12 — NCHC quarterfinals (at higher seed)
March 17-18 — NCHC Frozen Faceoff (in St. Paul)
March 23-26 — NCAA regional (in Fargo)
April 6-8 — NCAA Frozen Four (in Tampa)

7 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Can UND just not play Bemidji for like a good 4 years and play other rivals. Need to find a way to make it where two CCHA teams come in for a game each on the same weekend. It's like Bemidji is in the conference with how often UND plays them, have Wisconsin, Michigan Tech, Michigan, or somebody else. 

+1

• Upvote 2