SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Minnesota State Hockey Tournament

Wilbur

Mahtomedi wins....surprise.  I'll be following Ben Dardis down the road.  60 wins as a high school goaltender is a pretty good statistic, plus a fantastic shutout streak.  Wonder where he is headed next year as far as the future of his hockey career?

The likely Brimsek award winner.   

48 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Looks like there are 7 schools, but like you said almost all the the kids come from 2 schools.  I get that they will would probably never compete at the AA level, but there are tons of programs in the same boat.  I'm not sure why they are the exception.

It's sure been the feel good story of the tournament. The only explanation I can think of is that they are pulling kids away from Breck and Blake, which isn't anywhere near a valid reason.

25 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Mahtomedi wins....surprise.  I'll be following Ben Dardis down the road.  60 wins as a high school goaltender is a pretty good statistic, plus a fantastic shutout streak.  Wonder where he is headed next year as far as the future of his hockey career?

The likely Brimsek award winner.   

Those elite league stats though...haha. Shooting gallery out there.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Big Green said:

Looks like there are 7 schools, but like you said almost all the the kids come from 2 schools.  I get that they will would probably never compete at the AA level, but there are tons of programs in the same boat.  I'm not sure why they are the exception.

Same answer they give in way Minneapolis north gets to be single in football. 

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Already the Alex Bump show just 5 minutes in to the game against Cretin -- he's got both goals as Prior Lake is up 2-0.

Maybe B-Rad can get him to forget about all that maple syrup in Vermont and come to Grand Forks...

9 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Lou just said he will try get him to go to UMN. 

Kinda like when he and Glen Sonmor tried to get Zach Parise to decommit from North Dakota?  Wish I could have been in the car on that road trip.

• Upvote 2