SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Minnesota State Hockey Tournament

Wilbur

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Hermantown just toying with Alexandria. It would be sweet if Warroad could beat them tomorrow 

Pretty even game first time they played at Hermantown in mid January. 2-1 OT win for the Hawks and shots 33-27 in favor of Hermantown. Warroad will need Slukynsky to be at his best. TV timeouts are an advantage for Warroad with the shorter depth.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

It is fun to watch the MN tournament  and see the puck movement.  A world of difference than watching ND which seems to be more individual based.

I just turned it to Midco 2 with the South Dakota tournament on and it looks like peewee B hockey.

• Upvote 1

Maple Grove over Hill was my pick for AA and while I'm feeling pretty good about Maple Grove I'm starting to think Andover might pull this win out tonight.

In single A it is what everybody expected. Hoping Warroad can find a way to get the win tomorrow. Hermantown definitely has the depth advantage but I think it will come down to which top line does more damage.

55 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Ho hum Hermantown wins its 4th title 3-2 

The result that was expected all year long but a good exciting hockey game. I won't be surprised at all if we see a rematch next March with each team returning their goalie and a lot of underclass talent.

23 hours ago, siouxweet said:

It is fun to watch the MN tournament  and see the puck movement.  A world of difference than watching ND which seems to be more individual based.

Watching the MN tournament and now watching the SD tournament the difference in level of play is striking.

43 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Would Warroad and Hermantown win their respective sections if they played up to AA? 

Some years for sure. This year Warroad would've played Moorhead and Hermantown would've faced Andover. Warroad and Moorhead tied 4-4 during the regular season while Hermantown and Andover did not play. I would probably take Hermantown but Andover is playing their best hockey at the right time.