SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Minnesota State Hockey Tournament

Wilbur

Bump has been doing this all season but really took it to another level come playoff time. With the NLI signed already I'd be surprised if he isn't in Vermont for next season the question is whether he is in the portal next spring looking to move up or if he stays at Vermont.

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Bump has been doing this all season but really took it to another level come playoff time. With the NLI signed already I'd be surprised if he isn't in Vermont for next season the question is whether he is in the portal next spring looking to move up or if he stays at Vermont.

Sounds like it really came together when they put this top line together too.

11 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I realize he’s signed his NLI…I’m guessing MN will find a way to get him. Could he play juniors next year and then go?

I know he’s playing against high school kids but I think he could step right into college like Oshie did 

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

How on earth does that kid get out of the state albeit the region?  A big kid with swagger that can skate and finish.  I'm upset as a UND fan, how must the gopher fans feel?  

No doubt he’s got the swagger 

So the co-op rules (I believe): they count 100% enrollment of the largest school in the co-op and then 50% for the other schools (don't know how free/reduced lunch plays into those numbers).

Co-ops can  petition to opt down a class.  A few years back 2 schools in Southern Minnesota had enough students in their co-ops to acually get bumped up to class AA.  This would have been a major detriment to both programs, so they had to do some manuvering (cut some schools out of the co-op where they weren't getting kids from) in order to squeak back down to class A. 

TOURNEY LEGENDS ... 71 YEARS APART

After Prior Lake's Alex Bump scored five goals in Thursday's Class 2A state hockey quarterfinals (a 6-0 win over Cretin-Derham Hall), he was congratulated by the legend, John Mayasich, who set the tourney single-game record of seven goals in 1951 ... 71 years ago.

The only other player to score five goals in one 2A state tournament game was Grant Besse of Benilde-St. Margaret's. He scored five times in a 5-1 win over Hill-Murray in the 2012 2A title game.

36233797-4207-4E46-9A19-BC7CD6947AD8.jpeg

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

TOURNEY LEGENDS ... 71 YEARS APART

After Prior Lake's Alex Bump scored five goals in Thursday's Class 2A state hockey quarterfinals (a 6-0 win over Cretin-Derham Hall), he was congratulated by the legend, John Mayasich, who set the tourney single-game record of seven goals in 1951 ... 71 years ago.

The only other player to score five goals in one 2A state tournament game was Grant Besse of Benilde-St. Margaret's. He scored five times in a 5-1 win over Hill-Murray in the 2012 2A title game.

36233797-4207-4E46-9A19-BC7CD6947AD8.jpeg

I believe Scott Richart scored 5 goals in a state tournament game as a D-man in 1980.