SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Minnesota State Hockey Tournament

Wilbur

Boy, that OT was all Andover.  For playing four lines most of the night the Spuds just had no zip at all there.

That's such a tough place to be as an official.  You lose sight, blow it, and then there is the puck laying there uncovered.

13 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

Agreed. Both overturned goals seemed legit, but Spuds just got outplayed overall, especially in OT. Got the chances but did not capitalize.

I thought both goals were correctly disallowed.  I saw a kicking motion on the first, and the whistle definitely blew before the second one went in, even thought it probably shouldn't have.

Agree with you that the Spuds were outplayed for the the majority of the game.  The Spuds had the first 1.5 periods, I think, but I was shocked with how slow they looked for the rest of the game, especially since they were rolling four lines for at least part of the game.

36 minutes ago, LuvHockey said:

It appears Alexandria should not be in this tournament. I mean running time in a semifinal game?  Embarrassing. 

Hermantown does this to just about everyone in the A level.  What they did to Denfeld in a section championship game shouldn't happen in a tournament final.