SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Minnesota State Hockey Tournament

Wilbur

10 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I though I read somewhere you can download the free Kare11 app too. I'm going to try that with my Roku since I cut cable.

Don't think Kare 11 would have it. They are the NBC of the cities.

For those in Fargo/Moorhead/West Fargo - games are actually on KVRR2 (595) on Midco, not 323 like other areas of Minnesota and the Dakotas.   I've been told it has to do with ad revenue or something because the games are very popular in the FM Metro market. 

42 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

For those in Fargo/Moorhead/West Fargo - games are actually on KVRR2 (595) on Midco, not 323 like other areas of Minnesota and the Dakotas.   I've been told it has to do with ad revenue or something because the games are very popular in the FM Metro market. 

Gf also on 595

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Prep45.com stream works great though. Maybe Omaha, CC, Miami, etc. should take note ....

I was just going to say, MN and ND high school hockey has a better production than most NCHC schools.

9 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Well, I can already tell Shaugaby is going to be a good college player, Bubs should have lined him up.

I think he is going to UMD, unfortunate.

Most posters on this board say we didn’t wNt him

berrybshiukd have been all over him. 

next Nelson 

12 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Well, I can already tell Shaugaby is going to be a good college player, Bubs should have lined him up.

I think he is going to UMD, unfortunate.

Yup, he is a bulldog commit.  Great skill player for sure.  Wonder if he plays in the USHL next year or finishes out his career in Warroad. 

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yup, he is a bulldog commit.  Great skill player for sure.  Wonder if he plays in the USHL next year or finishes out his career in Warroad. 

He has UND roots too. His cousin Adam played football for UND and did some youth hockey coaching here too.

Warroad up big on Monticello.  A great matchup on Friday afternoon will be their offense against a great defensive team like Mahtomedi and goalie like Dardis.

Gardner could have 7 goals.  Guessing the d men he played and practiced against in the USHL for a year were slightly better than what Monticello has. 

43 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Most posters on this board say we didn’t wNt him

berrybshiukd have been all over him. 

next Nelson 

Shuags in the next Nelson? Holy moly, lay off the sauce, dude lolol. 

With that said, kid is a good player and will likely be one at Duluth. The next Nelson, however? Absolutely not.

19 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

However many public high schools are in Minneapolis. Pretty much all of them attend Washburn or SW, though, which are both in affluent areas of the city.

Looks like there are 7 schools, but like you said almost all the the kids come from 2 schools.  I get that they will would probably never compete at the AA level, but there are tons of programs in the same boat.  I'm not sure why they are the exception.