SiouxSports.com Forum

Peyton Manning Special: Saturday Night

Oxbow6

32 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Abate never tries to avoid contact. The kid has a reputation for this stuff for a reason. 

I was told via twitter that @Dave Berger was going to post a replay. I'll call Abate innocent until said replay is seen as the officials were right there and they're a good crew.

Is Abate a poor man's Mike Prpich? :lol:

Alright, replay posted on Schlossman's Twitter.  You know it reminded me of that play where the Denver kid skated directly into Cole Smith and Smith got a major penalty.  

Abate has a reputation, but with Jammer backing into him there isn't really a call to make IMHO.  

6 hours ago, FightingSU said:

I feel like these pages used to get a lot a lot more comments on game nights. Are people just getting fatigued of this half assed season or what’s the scoop?

All you have to do is read the pages from a few games this year and you can figure out why.  I used to come on here after a game to see if anyone had any comments or found clips of things like how Senden and Jammer got injured last night.  All you get now is the same garbage from the same folks when they lose about "Fire Berry", "Too many Grindaz", "Not enough Blue Chippas", etc.  Even when they win folks seem to not be satisfied about something.  Seems to be for the most part that the hockey knowledge is inversely proportional to the number of quotes by an individual.

I have been to over 30 Frozen Fours and watch a lot of college hockey, even outside of North Dakota.  I have seen the landscape change, and I feel it is much for the better of the sport.  Every team has great athletes and the diversity from the non-traditional hockey states is awesome.  We see that even in the North Dakota roster for over ten years now.  There is very little difference between most of the college hockey players, with some obvious exceptions.

This is what it is, a message board.  People can say almost what they want.  I just hope that the players, coaches, or parents of said players do not take much credence to what is said on here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, FightingSU said:

I feel like these pages used to get a lot a lot more comments on game nights. Are people just getting fatigued of this half assed season or what’s the scoop?

Miami Hawk Talk has each game thread turn in to a debate about how they should leave for the CCHA because they'd be the best team followed by some saying they can't beat CCHA teams followed by fire the coaches. Quite entertaining over there.

On Buckyville they just gave up.

USCHO is hit and miss in their forums 

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

Abate never tries to avoid contact. The kid has a reputation for this stuff for a reason. 

Sorry for the choppy quality, I was trying take the video of my MacPro and I haven't figured out the gif things, yet. 

27 minutes ago, Goon said:

Sorry for the choppy quality, I was trying take the video of my MacPro and I haven't figured out the gif things, yet. 

Although I wouldn’t say there is a blatant penalty here. Abate certainly positions himself to impact Jammer. Unfortunate but it is what it is l guess. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, crb1 said:

Although I wouldn’t say there is a blatant penalty here. Abate certainly positions himself to impact Jammer. Unfortunate but it is what it is l guess. 

I’ll say it wasn’t even close to a penalty. Saying stuff like that means whenever Kleenex hits someone (like Friday night) it should be 5 and a game. C’mon folks, if it’s a penalty, it’s a penalty, if it’s not it’s not.

UNO45 makes no attempt to adjust his path; and when viewed seeing the fronts (not backs) of jerseys one might make a case UNO45 lowered a shoulder. But, the officials made no call, so there was no penalty. Given history between UND27 and UNO45 it's worth a league review, but nothing will come of that either. 

The mistake on the play? 

UND4 did not attempt to complete his "amateur freelance dentist" qualification exam on UNO45. (I'm almost disappointed UND's "5s" on defense, 15 and 25, weren't out to converse on topic.)

On 2/6/2022 at 7:42 AM, FightingSU said:

I just think there are more ways now to follow games with streaming etc.  I remember sitting at work years ago and following Final 5 afternoon games on here.  It was almost like play by play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

UNO45 makes no attempt to adjust his path; and when viewed seeing the fronts (not backs) of jerseys one might make a case UNO45 lowered a shoulder. But, the officials made no call, so there was no penalty. Given history between UND27 and UNO45 it's worth a league review, but nothing will come of that either. 

The mistake on the play? 

UND4 did not attempt to complete his "amateur freelance dentist" qualification exam on UNO45. (I'm almost disappointed UND's "5s" on defense, 15 and 25, weren't out to converse on topic.)

Just not seeing this as an overt attempt to impact the situation. If you remember a couple of years ago Shane Pinto crosschecked 45 in the back of the neck in front of the goal. 45 went out with a concussion as did another guy who got scissor checked that included cth. UND And 45 I have a long history, I agree, but in the situation the call on the ice was correct. I know everyone wants to continue the battle with 45, and that your right, but I’m just not seeing it. I know I subject myself to a bunch of grief over this but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

... one might make a case UNO45 lowered a shoulder.

I never said it was a good case. The left shoulder move of UNO45 was subtle and can be argued as "trying to avoid" as easily as anything else.

Am I happy? No, but the refs made a justifiable call (none). The league won't see more than the officials ... unless ... 

Where's the video on what happened to Senden? I'm guessing that's what has Berry calling this play out. 

In closing, you knock a guy down after a whistle (UNO45), at minimum they should need their face shield toweled off back at the bench. UNO45 didn't even get that. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2022 at 10:23 PM, Godsmack said:

Reminds me of the Canisius series a few years back. That series was played in January but UND couldn’t recover from those two losses. 

This.

Quit playing teams from NY state to open the second half. 

On 2/5/2022 at 10:27 PM, BusinessSiouxt said:

10 minutes, 5x5. Do the ice. Either that or call it a tie at 60 minutes so the fans don’t have to miss the news at 10.

As the man says ... 

No OT. Play to win. 

Win in regulation - 3 pts.
Tie after regulation - 1 pt each team (and the third point never happens)

If the NHL can make a third point magically appear, I can make one magically disappear. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

This.

Quit playing teams from NY state to open the second half. 

So can Berry make it clear to the team that because of those games, if they lose once this weekend they most likely won’t make the NCAA tourney short of winning the NCHC Faceoff?  Of course it doesn’t seem to click until after it’s too late.  It took them forever to focus in on playing well on Friday, well this weekend is a must if they want to keep up with other teams in the pairwise.