SiouxSports.com Forum

Peyton Manning Special: Saturday Night

Oxbow6

14 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

The other issue is We’re not moving up because the teams that have been directly ahead of us are also winning. Just looking at the Pairwise comparisons we lose, I’m not sure how much more we can move up without the teams ahead of us tanking. 

But we play some of those teams above us and same goes for other teams. A sweep against Duluth or Western would go along way.  If St. Cloud starts to beat those teams as well, things could change fast.

30 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

I feel like these pages used to get a lot a lot more comments on game nights. Are people just getting fatigued of this half assed season or what’s the scoop?

Interesting, I was thinking the same thing and it’s not just our board. It seems like college hockey in general is having an off year in terms of interest. I said I surf Twitter and it seems like comments in general on game nights how much more reserved. Even Duluth and that saying something.

31 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

I feel like these pages used to get a lot a lot more comments on game nights. Are people just getting fatigued of this half assed season or what’s the scoop?

Not only that but attendance at games is down too. I am not sure if that is CoVID related or people just not interested in a subpar season. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

Blais got many of those UND-alums kids in a row for awhile there.
Most of them had decent college careers too.

I can see Blais getting those kids to come however I couldn’t see Gabbinet(sp) getting them. Not a fan of Gabbinet, so it’s hard for me to understand why a UND legacy would want to play at UNO. Ward is currently the only player from UNO that should be at UND. They can keep Jonny T. 

1 minute ago, crb1 said:

I can see Blais getting those kids to come however I couldn’t see Gabbinet(sp) getting them. Not a fan of Gabbinet, so it’s hard for me to understand why a UND legacy would want to play at UNO. Ward is currently the only player from UNO that should be at UND. They can keep Jonny T. 

I don’t know what you guys see in him. When you look at his record versus the NCHC teams, it’s middling at best. Same for Primeau, invisible all weekend and lost every faceoff.

1 minute ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I don’t know what you guys see in him. When you look at his record versus the NCHC teams, it’s middling at best. Same for Primeau, invisible all weekend and lost every faceoff.

He is a good player, he leads the nation in PPG. I don’t think Primeau is anything special. I was just talking about Ward. 

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Was on the opposite end of the arena and didn't see the Abate play on Jammer, only Jammer laying on the ice.

Berry upset.  Cheap hit or a hockey thing?  

Are you talking when Jam went down into the boards? That wasn’t even a Hockey play, and you could tell that Abate was just trying to avoid contact. That’s just Brad’s way of looking for an excuse.

46 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Are you talking when Jam went down into the boards? That wasn’t even a Hockey play, and you could tell that Abate was just trying to avoid contact. That’s just Brad’s way of looking for an excuse.

I didn't see the play or any replays to this point.  Officials were right there on top of it but Brad was not happy so was wondering what others saw.

Losing Jammer to a freak incident would be exactly this team's injury luck.  

31 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I didn't see the play or any replays to this point.  Officials were right there on top of it but Brad was not happy so was wondering what others saw.

Never saw the Senden injury. Asked about it but nobody responded. Wonder how that Mueller kid is. Legal or not, felt bad for the freshman. ‘Welcome to college hockey’ I guess.

41 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Figured Berry is more pissed because it’s always the same kid doing this crap. May have been incidental but the kid has a reputation for a reason. I mean he slashed Jammer on the faceoff last year that started that brawl last season  too. So it’s not like there’s no history. 

When you look at the guys who are out, it's devastating.  Trying to put lines together, I'm guessing you drop Costantini down to 3rd line center, and put Budy & Montgomery in on left wing, while maintaining the 4th line as-is.  Going to be tough until they start getting some guys back, which is why losing the lead last night really hurts their chances.

Just now, Oldguy said:

When you look at the guys who are out, it's devastating.  Trying to put lines together, I'm guessing you drop Costantini down to 3rd line center, and put Budy & Montgomery in on left wing, while maintaining the 4th line as-is.  Going to be tough until they start getting some guys back, which is why losing the lead last night really hurts their chances.

Budy is “out indefinitely” last I heard unless that has changed.