SiouxSports.com Forum

Peyton Manning Special: Saturday Night

Oxbow6

10 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Just not seeing this as an overt attempt to impact the situation. If you remember a couple of years ago Shane Pinto crosschecked 45 in the back of the neck in front of the goal. 45 went out with a concussion as did another guy who got scissor checked that included cth. UND And 45 I have a long history, I agree, but in the situation the call on the ice was correct. I know everyone wants to continue the battle with 45, and that your right, but I’m just not seeing it. I know I subject myself to a bunch of grief over this but it is what it is.

The call on the ice was correct, period. Could the collision been avoided by 45? Absolutely. If you want to go back to the shot given by Pinto, you should remember how many  shots Pinto in the back prior to him retaliating. Was right? Nope. It was Karma.

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2022 at 11:10 AM, brianvf said:

Abate never tries to avoid contact. The kid has a reputation for this stuff for a reason. 

Abate reminds me of the guy from Mankato that slew footed the UND defenseman and broke his leg in a couple places when we were stilll in the WCHA.  I always hated that cheap shot artist from Mankato back then.  I believe Rylan Kaip evened up the score some later down in Mankato.  Can someone put the names to this incident as they escape me right now.

10 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Abate reminds me of the guy from Mankato that slew footed the UND defenseman and broke his leg in a couple places when we were stilll in the WCHA.  I always hated that cheap shot artist from Mankato back then.  I believe Rylan Kaip evened up the score some later down in Mankato.  Can someone put the names to this incident as they escape me right now.

Trevor Bruess. There were several incidents with him. Kaip evened one of the scores but then a season later after Kaip had graduated he broke Derrick LaPoint’s leg and got no penalty. (But we did!) We won that game though. 

5 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Trevor Bruess. There were several incidents with him. Kaip evened one of the scores but then a season later after Kaip had graduated he broke Derrick LaPoint’s leg and got no penalty. (But we did!) We won that game though. 

That Abate reminds me of Bruess.  I just couldn't remember his name.  Just absolute cheap shot artists.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:26 PM, siouxforce19 said:

Bruess...one of the all time hacks.  Remember being at the game where he took LaPoint out; that was not pretty.