SiouxSports.com Forum

Peyton Manning Special: Saturday Night

Oxbow6

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I actually thought Omaha was going to be a better team this year. They have 9 Sr/Gr players. Some like Ward seem to have been there forever. They play decent but I thought they would have a better record this year. 

They seem to struggle with Miami and CC. Honestly, they split WMU, SCSU, UMD and us. That isn’t awful. But their struggles again “meh” competition hurts them. They also need better NC. One problem they have is the Olympic Curling trials, really taxes their home/away schedule.

Said it before, but I really do think Sanderson going to the Olympics will ultimately be beneficial for this team. Anyone else think Bast needs to be in the Top 6 moving forward even when Sanderson returns. To me he’s overtaken Ferner.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Another game you can't lose but somehow this team does it.

Berry pretty much blames the loss on no Senden and Jamernik for the 3rd and said it was because of egregious plays by Omaha that they were out.

Driscoll really seems to struggle tracking the puck at times.

Had some really good chances that we didn't take advantage of. Couple empty nets that we couldn't finish on, a 2 on 1 you don't get a shot, breakaway you don't get a shot, goalie down and out you shoot it into his pad. Have to be better at taking advantage of opportunities.

I actually thought Driscoll played well. We got up two and laid back. Berry seems to blame the loss on it having two bottom 6 guys…but to me they simply played prevent and loss. Going to watch DU now 

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

It was 80+ game prior to UND blowing a 2 goal 3rd period lead vs Cornell. Now it is 2 times in a month.

I'm getting less confident that this team makes the NCAA's.
That UMD/WMU/UNO stretch to close out the season will be a tough one.

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Bad bad loss

We are sitting on the bubble of the pairwise right now.  We are getting no help from Penn State or Cornell and time erosion is creeping in on us.  We gotta start takin care of business against teams like Omaha or we're gonnna piss the tournament down our leg.

• Upvote 1

Please just get rid of the 3x3 OT and shootouts. They are almost irrelevant and an unnecessary gimmick. Go back to a 5x5 OT and if still tied just leave it as a tie.  
If we score in OT everyone thinks it’s a win and if the other team scores they think we lost. The only thing that really matters is the pairwise and for that it is basically a tie (.55 win vs .45 loss in OT, .5 win for both teams in a shootout).  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Still 12th PWR

Tied for 12th with Notre Dame.  With the auto qualis we need to move up to about 10th to feel comfortable.  This was a bad tie for us.  We could have possibly moved up a spot with a win.  We are clinging to the bubble right now.  We're not playing bad hockey but other teams that we need to win to move up are not wining and we keep clinging precariously to the bubble.

33 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Geez even our next opponent CC is hanging with WMU tonight, something we couldn't do when we played Western.

I thought UND played them pretty well, just couldn’t put the puck in the net, and Bussi played pretty well.  We’ll see how they play us here.

4 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Please just get rid of the 3x3 OT and shootouts. They are almost irrelevant and an unnecessary gimmick. Go back to a 5x5 OT and if still tied just leave it as a tie.  
If we score in OT everyone thinks it’s a win and if the other team scores they think we lost. The only thing that really matters is the pairwise and for that it is basically a tie (.55 win vs .45 loss in OT, .5 win for both teams in a shootout).  

I agree.  Go back to overtime actually meaning something, then if tied after that use the gimmickry.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

CC is tough man. I don’t care what their record is, the come to play.

I just got home from the CC game. They played night and day better tonight, they really responded to the shellacking they took last night.

Make no bones, I will be rooting for North Dakota next weekend when I say this but if CC plays the way they did tonight, it’s not going to be a gimmie for UND. Next weekend’s series could be make or break (more break than make) for UND’s tournament hopes. Not much gained in the PWR with wins but a whole lot lost with loss(s). 

9 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Tied for 12th with Notre Dame.  With the auto qualis we need to move up to about 10th to feel comfortable.  This was a bad tie for us.  We could have possibly moved up a spot with a win.  We are clinging to the bubble right now.  We're not playing bad hockey but other teams that we need to win to move up are not wining and we keep clinging precariously to the bubble.

The other issue is We’re not moving up because the teams that have been directly ahead of us are also winning. Just looking at the Pairwise comparisons we lose, I’m not sure how much more we can move up without the teams ahead of us tanking. 

1 hour ago, FightingSU said:

Out Sanderson, Hain, jamernik, senden. Getting ridiculous 

Forgot Budy too. I don’t care what people think of him, but if he was healthy he’d easily crack the top 12 for the line up. 

UND has faced a lot of adversity this season, no question. Have also shot themselves in the foot a lot too! 

Cornell series will haunt them when it’s all said and done. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Forgot Budy too. I don’t care what people think of him, but if he was healthy he’d easily crack the top 12 for the line up. 

UND has faced a lot of adversity this season, no question. Have also shot themselves in the foot a lot too! 

Cornell series will haunt them when it’s all said and done. 

Reminds me of the Canisius series a few years back. That series was played in January but UND couldn’t recover from those two losses. 

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Reminds me of the Canicius series a few years back. That series was played in January but UND couldn’t recover from those two losses.

Yep, for sure.
Cornell is a better team this year than Canisius was that year, but with how Cornell has tanked since that series, it really shows how bad those two losses were and they will haunt UND's PWR for the rest of the season for sure.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

10 minutes, 5x5. Do the ice. Either that or call it a tie at 60 minutes so the fans don’t have to miss the news at 10.

• Upvote 4