SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

10 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I don’t care about “ready to play”

wins and loses is what matters 

Duh.  But there is no way you had the expectation that UND would 'win' that game, since you didn't even think they would be ready to play.  

Everything ahead of the team going forward.  Nice win on the road, now finish the season in the state against the Yotes and Bison.

When Tommy and Danny are on the same page the offense just gets into a great groove and it seems like they can't be stopped.  Hopefully that momentum continues.

Digging into the safety position a bit. If you look overall, Kauppinen leads that group / the team in tackles (48). My question is, has anyone noticed them rotating more the last few weeks? Buckner appears to be playing more. Is Ball? The stats aren't as lopsided as they were through the SDSU game. 

ACU

• Coley: 3 Tackles
  • Kauppinen: 3 Tackles / 1 INT
  • Ball: 3 Tackles
  • Buckner: 1 Tackle / 1 INT

ISU

• Coley: 2 Tackles
  • Kauppinen: 2 Tackles
  • Buckner: 1 Tackle / 1 Fumble Recovery
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, AJS said:

Digging into the safety position a bit. If you look overall, Kauppinen leads that group / the team in tackles (48). My question is, has anyone noticed them rotating more the last few weeks? Buckner appears to be playing more. Is Ball? The stats aren't as lopsided as they were through the SDSU game. 

ACU

ISU

Haven’t notice because I cover my eyes when we’re in defense

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, AJS said:

ACU

ISU

I think Ball has been getting quite a few reps going all the way back to the beginning of the season, think I have seem him out there quite a bit.  I remember somewhere towards the beginning of the season when I saw 35 out there, I had to check and see who that was. 

20 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So I'm a big fan of superstitions and routines when it comes to sports, and I have a "lucky" UND football shirt. Green shirt with a hawk on it. Pretty simple.

UND has played well every time I wore it this season, including the loss to Nebraska where overall I though UND played well and surprised fans. The shirt came out for the next two weeks and produced wins, but then stayed in the drawer while I coached youth softball during the S. Illinois game. It reappeared for the next two games as we continued to improve our record. Now here is the kicker ... it made an appearance during the first half of the SDSU game. I had been out hiking with family and made it home just before half time .... changed at half time because I had been hiking and the team completely fell apart. Now it has produced two more wins in the past due week.

I'll take the responsibility for the loss to the Bunnies, I should have known better. The shirt will be ready to go this weekend to clinch the playoffs, and again the following weekend to get a seed! #RideTheShirt :D haha

Wow...sounds familiar. I have a green lucky UND football shirt too.

Was intent on wearing it during the SDSU game, but went golfing pre game and forgot to put it on before heading to the game. 

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So I'm a big fan of superstitions and routines when it comes to sports, and I have a "lucky" UND football shirt. Green shirt with a hawk on it. Pretty simple.

UND has played well every time I wore it this season, including the loss to Nebraska where overall I though UND played well and surprised fans. The shirt came out for the next two weeks and produced wins, but then stayed in the drawer while I coached youth softball during the S. Illinois game. It reappeared for the next two games as we continued to improve our record. Now here is the kicker ... it made an appearance during the first half of the SDSU game. I had been out hiking with family and made it home just before half time .... changed at half time because I had been hiking and the team completely fell apart. Now it has produced two more wins in the past due week.

I'll take the responsibility for the loss to the Bunnies, I should have known better. The shirt will be ready to go this weekend to clinch the playoffs, and again the following weekend to get a seed! #RideTheShirt :D haha

I've had a similar experience this year, with listening on the radio or paying attention to SS.com vs. watching on TV (especially the Midco broadcasts).  For Nebraska, I was enjoying Labor Day weekend and following the thread.  For UNI (Potato Bowl), I watched on ESPN3.  For Southern Illinois, I had just bought a new TV and was setting it up while the game was going on (That was the first time Midco had broadcasting rights).  For NAU, I listened to the whole game on radio, since I do not subscribe to ESPN+ (sounds like the feed/audio was terrible that game, so nothing lost there).  For Missouri State, I was was vacationing in Maine and paid attention on SS.  For YSU, I did a combination of TV and radio, and was listening to radio during the crucial blocked punt returned for TD and final defensive play of the game.  For SDSU, I was in the car returning home from Fargo listening to the radio during the first 3 sequences of the game.  When we scored the second touchdown, we were just outside GF and I said to my wife that we're going to need to check to see if the Alerus Center still had a roof!  Walking from the car to the house was when the INT happened, and I watched the rest of the game on TV.  I watched most of the ACU game on TV, but ran an errand and listened on the radio during the interception and final time consuming drive.  I stayed in the car after parking in the garage to hear the remaining of the game because I could not risk anything like the SDSU game:).  For Indiana State, I followed exclusively on SS due to deer hunting.  Now as I head into the crucial last two games of the regular season, I'm not sure what I will do. :blush: