SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ St Cloud - Redemption Game - Sat Dec 4th 2021

SiouxFan100

Olympic size rinks are great for producing more offense.  Lots of space to move the puck around the big D men. NHL rinks promote a more hard nosed game, with more work in the corners. Most college rinks are NHL sized. But rules have evolved in college hockey that has done away with a lot of the hard nosed on the boards corner play. So it is kinda in limbo. I wish they would settle on a size for everybody, and get on with it.

2 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I was trying to figure out how the hell they would have tied UND for the conference lead with a win. 

Going into the weekend we had 6 points on them and Western (we had 15, they had 9). Western swept and tied us until our game went final. So now we are 3 points up on Western. 

Not sure if you actually wanted to know but… :lol:

1 minute ago, Oldguy said:

Heve to give kudos when due.  ND, after SUCKING last night, came out and played a stronger defensive game.  When they connect on a few passes and turn play north, they are a good damn team.

Much better passing tonight. Not excellent but much better. 

25 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Terrible last few minutes 

What kind of comment is that? We just split with a top 5 team on the road, we did play a horrid game last night, but “on the road”, we turned it around tonight against possibly the best or at least top 3 best teams in the country. I thought it was a gutty win and a win that was absolutely necessary for this team at this time! Good game boys and good coaching, the other team’s coach had extremely skilled  players to work with. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, mattim said:

What kind of comment is that? We just split with a top 5 team on the road, we did play a horrid game last night, but “on the road”, we turned it around tonight against possibly the best or at least top 3 best teams in the country. I thought it was a gutty win and a win that was absolutely necessary for this team at this time! Good game boys and good coaching, the other team’s coach had extremely skilled  players to work with. 

We pulled a Bemidji St on them like Bemidji St does to us to negate our speed.

5 minutes ago, mattim said:

She also said they can’t skate with SCSU on the big ice after they scored 17 seconds in. Alrighty then 

7 minutes ago, mattim said:

Boys were selling out their bodies those last few minutes and Driscoll didn’t have his paddle. Sanderson blocked a shot and was ailing out there. Gutty performance, especially those last few minutes. They were bending but didn’t break! 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I was almost ecstatic to see Senden, Hain and Jammer back together.  When they are together they are so tough to play against.  They remind a lot of our 2016 heavy line.  I sure hope Berry keeps them together.  I think Schmaltz is better with Caufield.

Hennessy said that to Berry in the post game interview and Berry acknowledged as much that he needs to keep those three together, no more tinkering with that line. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Godsmack said:

Hennessy said that to Berry in the post game interview and Berry acknowledged as much that he needs to keep those three together, no more tinkering with that line. 

When Savoie cheap shotted Senden at the end of the Saturday game vs DU Jammer took off Savoies helmet with a cross check and jumped on him and was gonna overhaul him as you could see Senden sitting on the ice smiling as he watched Jammer.  I knew right there this line needs to be together.  They feed off each other and Hain fits in also like a glove with them.

• Upvote 1

Still taking way too many unnecessary penalties that kept St. Cloud in it down the stretch.  Thankfully they took even dumber penalties.  Portz could have been the goat for spraying the goalie if the refs would have called it, and St. Cloud wouldn’t have retaliated. Also, no reason for Jamernik’s penalty. With a 74% penalty kill, or thereabouts, those can be killers.  Other than that, great character win, especially giving up the early goal and late goal in the first period. Good mental toughness to rebound well from those situations.

• Upvote 1

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Three splits against top teams that’s great, but we got outscored all three weeks. Again we got our splits which is what we wanted but we’re still a team that’s all over the place.

So is Minnesota, and they are a veteran team.

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

That’s not who I’m comparing too. And I do think we’d have a problem matching up against Mich. I actually think we’re older than them too.

Actually the average ages of Michigan and UND are almost the same.  
As to matchups , we just need the higher seed and last change. 

9 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

That’s not who I’m comparing too. And I do think we’d have a problem matching up against Mich 

Michigan can be good, but they should have been swept by Western, and weren’t astounding against Notre Dame either. I think we can be competitive against any team if they get it through what they have to do to be successful, which should become apparent at some point.