SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ St Cloud - Redemption Game - Sat Dec 4th 2021

SiouxFan100

I'll take a split. Played pretty well tonight especially after the early punch from St. Cloud. Have to start to find a way to string some consistent good efforts together and complete a whole weekend. Can't continue to be one terrible performance and one really solid game. Gotta figure something out this week and get the job done next weekend.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

SCSU, while a good team with all those super seniors, won’t be as effective on a NHL rink moving forward come tournament time. Good team, no question. 

Yah, totally! SCSU really knows how to work that extra 15 feet width in the O zone. They ring the puck around getting the opposition chasing. I wish they’d go to NHL size ice. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Godsmack said:

Yah, totally! SCSU really knows how to work that extra 15 feet width in the O zone. They ring the puck around getting the opposition chasing. I wish they’d go to NHL size ice. 

Honestly I just simply think it’s weird they play a different size ice. How is that even a thing. That’s like having one random football team have a 150 yard field at home just, cuz. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, FightingSU said:

Honestly I just simply think it’s weird they play a different size ice. How is that even a thing. That’s like having one random football team have a 150 yard field at home just, cuz. 

Right?!?! -It was a fad in the 90’s. Lots of programs built Olympic size sheets-CC, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Anchorage, to name a few. I hated watching CC games at World Arena. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

That win jumped UND up a couple spots in PWR too...back to #5.
SCSU fell all the way to #8 with the loss.

NCHC has 6 of the Top 10 in Pairwise.  While it is still very early to give the Pairwise a ton of weight, that is pretty impressive given that the majority of non-conference games are in the books.  

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

Right?!?! -It was a fad in the 90’s. Lots of programs built Olympic size sheets-CC, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Anchorage, to name a few. I hated watching CC games at World Arena. 

For a lot of reasons. And none of them (in my case) were because of the size of the rink. ;)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

SCSU, while a good team with all those super seniors, won’t be as effective on a NHL rink moving forward come tournament time. Good team, no question. 

St Cloud St is good I agree, but if you can clog up the neutral zone on them and get people back it severely limits their bread and butter which is scoring on the fast break (basketball term for a team that likes to run).  They are like a basketball team that likes to run but has trouble playing a half court game.

Just so happy we win tonight. I was one off of my win by 3 prediction. If that ENG would have counted - which it should have being the penalty was after the puck went in??? My prediction would have been correct.  But I’ll still take it. And it wasn’t a scary win. We really beat them and the score doesn’t reflect how well we played - for the most part. We had some real good looks. 

1 minute ago, FightingSU said:

Just so happy we win tonight. I was one off of my win by 3 prediction. If that ENG would have counted - which it should have being the penalty was after the puck went in??? My prediction would have been correct.  But I’ll still take it. And it wasn’t a scary win. We really beat them and the score doesn’t reflect how well we played - for the most part. We had some real good looks. 

Yah the St. Cloud announcers even said the penalty happened after we’d shot the puck down so I’d think it should’ve counted, no?