SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ St Cloud - Redemption Game - Sat Dec 4th 2021

SiouxFan100

6 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Which is why you don't give the opposing team the chance to pull the goalie... Miami lost the natty game against bu years back in the same situation. 

Think most of the time a team is going to find a way to pull their goalie.  Duluth had two chances against us last year in the regionals and they couldn’t prevent us from pulling Scheel, ditto for Boston College with two chances to prevent Goehring being pulled in the Championship game years back.  In theory that is great, rarely is preventable at some stage.

I have efforted and sourced pre-game transcripts of UND v (QU, UMD, UMn, SCSU):

Friday pre-game meeting:
Bubs: Team, we're going to have to play a hard, tight checking game. Assignment sharp.
Team: Aw, coach, we can skate with these guys. Racehorse! Fire wagon! 

Saturday pre-game meeting:
Bubs: Team, we're going to have to play a hard, tight checking game. Assignment sharp.
Team: Third man high, got it. Right or left wing lock at center? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Friday pre-game meeting:

The Saturday game plan must be our Mantra from here on out if we are to be successful.  We are built for that type of game and it has been proven to be a recipe for success for us.

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Friday pre-game meeting:

Sick the "Junk Yard Dogs" (Jammer Line) on their top line.

2 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Which is why you don't give the opposing team the chance to pull the goalie... Miami lost the natty game against bu years back in the same situation. 

That was a collapse of epic proportions...and to BU unfortunately.

1 hour ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Sorry, I just think the Jammer line is the best line in college hockey and they deserve a name.

They do have oneLed by the identity line of Gavin Hain (G, A), Louis Jamernik (G) and Mark Senden (A, A), UND answered an early goal by the hosts and a 2-2 deadlock after 20 minutes with two in the second and a fifth in the third to hand St. Cloud State its fourth loss in the last five games. 

12 minutes ago, Goon said:

They do have oneLed by the identity line of Gavin Hain (G, A), Louis Jamernik (G) and Mark Senden (A, A), UND answered an early goal by the hosts and a 2-2 deadlock after 20 minutes with two in the second and a fifth in the third to hand St. Cloud State its fourth loss in the last five games. 

Does identity line come with a song.  Just kidding.  Still like my Junk Yard Dogs name better.

4 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Yes I said would have. They definitely had time in our end cycling to get chances. If people are okay with the team closing out games in our zone giving the opponent chances ..... 

It is an a dumb argument, If Weatherby hadn’t signed a pro contract on the first day of school, if we had scored more goals or they had scored less, things would’ve have been different. Admit it, you have a stupid argument!

26 minutes ago, Goon said:

Just out of curiosity what does identity line mean.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Couldn't you see them playing that who let the dogs out sound byte every time they score at the Ralph and the students and crowd going nuts.  

That would be funny. Walk up music like baseball. 

1 minute ago, Goon said:

That would be funny. Walk up music like baseball. 

They are tenacious on the puck like a pack of Junk Yard Dogs chasing down an intruder into the yard.  They have shut down or nearly shut down every line Berry has put them up against.  They play 200 feet every night.  I just can't say enough good things about these three.

8 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

They are tenacious on the puck like a pack of Junk Yard Dogs chasing down an intruder into the yard.  They have shut down or nearly shut down every line Berry has put them up against.  They play 200 feet every night.  I just can't say enough good things about these three.

They're also not the best line in college hockey.

3 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

They're also not the best line in college hockey.

Can you give me a better shut down line that can also create offense on a regular basis.  On a 200 foot basis I say they are the best.  What line is better?

2 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Can you give me a better shut down line that can also create offense on a regular basis.  On a 200 foot basis I say they are the best.  What line is better?

Berry puts them up against the other teams top line every night and most nights they out score that line and when you play in the NCHC those are some of the most talented lines in the country.  

3 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

They have a combined 24 points in 17 games. That's not creating offense on a regular basis. They're also a combined -6 on the season. 

Is it a good line? Sure. Is it the best line in college hockey? No.

Just now, SiouxBoys said:

They have a combined 24 points in 17 games. That's not creating offense on a regular basis. They're also a combined -6 on the season. 

Is it a good line? Sure. Is it the best line in college hockey? No.

I disagree.  Look back to 2016 do we win a natty without the heavy line.  Most rational thinkers would say no way.  What is more important, scoring goals or preventing the other team from scoring goals?  When it comes to tournament time shutting down a teams top line wins championships more than trying to outscore a team.  I won't budge from my opinion.

1 minute ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I disagree.  Look back to 2016 do we win a natty without the heavy line.  Most rational thinkers would say no way.  What is more important, scoring goals or preventing the other team from scoring goals?  When it comes to tournament time shutting down a teams top line wins championships more than trying to outscore a team.  I won't budge from my opinion.

But we're not talking about the heavy line right now? Unless you're comparing this Jammer line with a line that has had all three members of it play in the NHL.

6 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

You need a combination of both.  Do we win a title without the heavy line ?  Not sure, but I am sure we don’t win a title without the CBS line.