SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SDSU (Beat the bunnies)

siouxfan512

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Not saying be ultra conservative, but know that you can’t eliminate that as a last chance thing.  Also, do you not think that the interception was a direct result of being behind the chains as a result of the sack.

Kicking a field goal wasn't an option. It was touchdown or nothing.

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This again appears to be the truth. Obviously no change for next year, but until a change occurs, I don’t see UND consistently being a playoff team or champion.

100% correct.  The last 1:30 of that game was a disaster as far as game/time management goes. They wasted 1/3 of the time left with that sack.  Went form plenty of time to a panic.  Just pathetic.

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

kelly howe just had danny's back on twitter...can he say the same about bubba?

Kelly was the one who early in the season suggested the team was similar to one he played for: high expectations with unsatisfactory results.

Just now, SiouxBoys said:

Kicking a field goal wasn't an option. It was touchdown or nothing.

It doesn’t change the fact that you can’t take that sack.  Guess I would rather have a 50% chance at a field goal then no chance at all.

6 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

They really don’t have a clue how to manage the clock in the last few minutes of a half.  Not surprising as most NFL coaches seem to have this problem also.  Have to improve in this area. 

I highly doubt there will be any coaching change so I hope the coaches can show some drastic improvement for next season.  Can’t say I am overly optimistic for that to happen.  It’s possible to overcome coaching blunders but you generally need to have enough of a talent edge to do so.

I agree completely. 

“Wish in one hand, sh*t in the other, see which one fills up first”

Just now, tnt said:

You tell me the stats then big mouth.

There was no chance we were ever going to attempt a field goal with our backup kicker who couldn't hit water falling out of a boat. Should Tommy have taken that sack? No. Our NFL left tackle probably would have prevented that. Should Bubba have taken a timeout? Yes. 

• Upvote 1