SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SDSU (Beat the bunnies)

siouxfan512

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Best 5-6 team in the FCS.  Odd that all FCS losses were by a touchdown or less.  Hope they can build on this and come out strong next season.

ALSO.  I dont know about the rest of you, but I think UND is due against NDSU.  It is time. 

"Hold my beer" ~Bubba

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

This was a fitting way for this season to end. It's hard for me to get worked up though, played with SDSU till the very end. Punch for punch. The stats weren't great, but against SDSU on the road, I was actually pretty impressed with this offense. I thought this was one of Tommy's best games of the Fall. Really not much more to say. Flip a coin in this one and like more times than not this year, came up wrong.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

There was no chance we were ever going to attempt a field goal with our backup kicker who couldn't hit water falling out of a boat. Should Tommy have taken that sack? No. Our NFL left tackle probably would have prevented that. Should Bubba have taken a timeout? Yes. 

https://fightinghawks.com/sports/football/stats

Brady Stevens 4 for 4 39 yards in.

6 minutes ago, AJS said:

This was a fitting way for this season to end. It's hard for me to get worked up though, played with SDSU till the very end. Punch for punch. The stats weren't great, but against SDSU on the road, I was actually pretty impressed with this offense. I thought this was one of Tommy's best games of the Fall. Really not much more to say. Flip a coin in this one and like more times than not this year, came up wrong.

But it’s not random luck,  the last 90 seconds of that game were a disaster by the staff. It went from plenty of time to win, to a panic(after the sack), to a loss.  Thats on the coaches.  Why not call a time out?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

But it’s not random luck,  the last 90 seconds of that game were a disaster by the staff. It went from plenty of time to win, to a panic(after the sack)to a loss.  Thats on the coaches.  Why not call a time out?

exactly...there isn't one coach on the sideline that couldn't whisper into bubba's ear saying "take a timeout bubba"

12 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

This loss had nothing to do with Bubba.  They had a chance to win it and threw an INT.  It was back and forth all game, no poor decisions.

He admitted he should have called a timeout after the sack to get organized

thats on him

2 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

You need to hear it again? They were never going to put the game on the backup kicker who shanked twice against Southern Illinois with the game on the line earlier this year.

So you know exactly what Bubba would have done. Great.  Facts show you as a blowhard.

15 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Do you want to explain the game/time management at the end of the game?  It was like watching a bad high school staff manage the clock.  Tommy  pick is on the staff.

Why?  Explain why they couldn't just run a play there?  They certainly weren't rushed.