SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SDSU (Beat the bunnies)

siouxfan512

28 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We just messed up too many times

beat the bunnies 

Yep.  If we win this weekend, it's going to be a long off season of IF'S.  Just woulda needed one of those dumb things not to happen and we are in the playoffs.  That said I still want to go out with a W.  It's going to be a long off season either way, might as well finish with a W. 

40 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Win the damn game. Don’t worry about playoffs until after the game, as all for not if UND doesn’t beat SDSU. 

Going to be tough based on how poor UND has played on the road this season.

MUST DO: UND is going to have to win turnover battle and minimize penalties to win. 

I get we have 1 road win so far but in all honesty I wouldn’t say we have played poor on the road. We have done a poor job at closing games that’s for sure. We did play poor at USD and I guess the 4th qtr at Utah State but I’m throwing that game out. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I get we have 1 road win so far but in all honesty I wouldn’t say we have played poor on the road. We have done a poor job at closing games that’s for sure. We did play poor at USD and I guess the 4th qtr at Utah State but I’m throwing that game out. 

Completely agree here, UND has not won, but they have not played poor. We've competed in every game we've played and in some of those losses, we have dominated all of the stat lines except for score.

Bottom line, we have had some awful and horribly timed turnovers.  But a few plays does not reflect the overall play. There have been some very solid games where coaching and turnovers push us the wrong way. 

I expect another competitive game this weekend. Hopefully it finally goes our way.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

42 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Completely agree here, UND has not won, but they have not played poor. We've competed in every game we've played and in some of those losses, we have dominated all of the stat lines except for score.

Bottom line, we have had some awful and horribly timed turnovers.  But a few plays does not reflect the overall play. There have been some very solid games where coaching and turnovers push us the wrong way. 

I expect another competitive game this weekend. Hopefully it finally goes our way.

Sure, moral victories, got it.

UND needs to play much better than they did at Utah State, USD, SIU, and Missouri State in order to beat SDSU. Need to win turnover battle and be disciplined.

• Downvote 1

Finally the Thread for the SDSU game is here!!!   Thx #siouxfan512, U get a rep!

Be a tough game to win and on the road and outside, but let's smack in the mouth and give'm all we got.  
We have the talent to get it done, and so do the Jacks.
? will be, how flat will the bunnies be after that last 1 second loss where a rabbit was pulled out of the hat by a Coyote? Hail Mary!!!
I'm taken the Hawks on this 2 score spread, what a lock pic - this is going to be a one score game right to the end.

I look at this as a very important outside perception game. It's the finishing 4-4 in the conference and being compared to SDSU / UNI or finishing 3-5 and being more comparable to the bottom teams. Think pre-season rankings, potential recruiting ramifications. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, AJS said:

I look at this as a very important outside perception game. It's the finishing 4-4 in the conference and being compared to SDSU / UNI or finishing 3-5 and being more comparable to the bottom teams. Think pre-season rankings, potential recruiting ramifications. 

All very true. Definitely a good opportunity for UND @ South Dakota State tomorrow, will they capitalize? 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Yep. Regardless of potential playoff implications, what happens tomorrow is a harbinger of UND football for the next couple seasons. 

On 11/18/2021 at 1:23 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Any given Saturday!!!  Who thought the Yotes were gonna beat them last week!!!  Might as well do the same!

I thought the Coyotes had an excellent opportunity for a win in that game.

16 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sure, moral victories, got it.

UND needs to play much better than they did at Utah State, USD, SIU, and Missouri State in order to beat SDSU. Need to win turnover battle and be disciplined.

I didn't say anything about a moral victory, did I? I said they haven't played poor; or do you feel they were pummeled in all of those 1 score games. There is some grey area between being a crap team and a perennial powerhouse. 

I'm not claiming a moral victory at all, but if you break down the games beyond just the final score, it actually adds some context to the game as a whole. NDSU, SIU, MO St. ..... UND ended up on the wrong end of all of these, but they were good competitive games. Entertaining, yes! Frustrating, yes! Poorly played as a whole, only to you bud.

Did they need to play better to win some of those games? Yes, but much better? Not really, more about eliminate a few stupid mistakes. You can really simplify all of our losses into a few key points; coaching decisions and ball security (especially situational ball security, as in the red zone or the end of the game). That is the entire difference between where we are and being a top 10 or even top 5 team right now.

Again, I'm not one for moral victories or quality losses, and I'm certainly not ok with mediocrity, but it is ok to be frustrated with the outcomes and still acknowledge the talent and compete level that is out there. We are a far cry from when we were absolutely getting absolutely pummeled by Montana or Eastern Washington. This team still has a few steps to take, but they can certainly hang with anyone in the FCS, they have done nothing but prove that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I didn't say anything about a moral victory, did I? I said they haven't played poor; or do you feel they were pummeled in all of those 1 score games. There is some grey area between being a crap team and a perennial powerhouse. 

I'm not claiming a moral victory at all, but if you break down the games beyond just the final score, it actually adds some context to the game as a whole. NDSU, SIU, MO St. ..... UND ended up on the wrong end of all of these, but they were good competitive games. Entertaining, yes! Frustrating, yes! Poorly played as a whole, only to you bud.

Did they need to play better to win some of those games? Yes, but much better? Not really, more about eliminate a few stupid mistakes. You can really simplify all of our losses into a few key points; coaching decisions and ball security (especially situational ball security, as in the red zone or the end of the game). That is the entire difference between where we are and being a top 10 or even top 5 team right now.

Again, I'm not one for moral victories or quality losses, and I'm certainly not ok with mediocrity, but it is ok to be frustrated with the outcomes and still acknowledge the talent and compete level that is out there. We are a far cry from when we were absolutely getting absolutely pummeled by Montana or Eastern Washington. This team still has a few steps to take, but they can certainly hang with anyone in the FCS, they have done nothing but prove that.

Getting impatient with the two decade rebuild, that’s all. 

5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Getting impatient with the two decade rebuild, that’s all. 

I get it! This season had all the makings of what should have been a deep playoff run. the reasons that we lost those games were unacceptable, but they were good games.

As someone else said on here, it seems like every time we are poised for that big time step and the fanbase is really starting to get into it, there is a major letdown. This season is just another one.

• Upvote 1

UND football has impressed me the last few seasons, however that comes with disappointment too.

I don’t feel this team has played the best they can play yet this season, and they will need to this Saturday if they want to keep playing, now is the time, if not now than when?

SDSU has made huge strides and hats off to them to put the Buffaloes from Fargo in their place, but we have a team that when playing to their potential can compete and perhaps even win with anyone…