SiouxSports.com Forum

Future of the UND Football Program

GoHawks

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I for one look forward to more timeouts before a play is run coming out of halftime, punting inside our opponents 40 on 4th and 1 or 2 to gain at best 19 yards of field position, more 2 yard swing passes on 3rd and 8 and going for it on 4th down deep in our own territory with a lead.

Brutal

true

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It was dumb.  It was 4th and 2 at the MSU 29 and we ran a play where the ball had to be touched by 4 players.  I would love to see how many times it was run in practice and how many of those times it was run seamlessly and how many times it was not.  Back to sicatoka's Quality control coach.  Based on what i saw on the replay it didn't even look as though Otis and Belquist were entirely sure if there portion was supposed to be a handoff or a pitch.

that's the bad news bears side of our program....you practice and practice and then gametime you wet the bed...otis had a wide open hole in our "average" o-line and the wr that is supposed to fake the jet sweep trips him....game changing play

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It was dumb.  It was 4th and 2 at the MSU 29 and we ran a play where the ball had to be touched by 4 players.  I would love to see how many times it was run in practice and how many of those times it was run seamlessly and how many times it was not.  Back to sicatoka's Quality control coach.  Based on what i saw on the replay it didn't even look as though Otis and Belquist were entirely sure if there portion was supposed to be a handoff or a pitch.

I'm pretty sure that play that was sent in was simply called "Cal '82"

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Post of the decade. Unfortunately.

Decade?  How about the single worst coaching move in North Dakota football history...

Not calling a TO on the 4th and 1......

at our own 20.....

in the second half.....

with the lead....

vs our greatest rival....

whom...we have been owned by for 18 years....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Decade?  How about the single worst coaching move in North Dakota football history...

at our own 20.....

in the second half.....

with the lead....

and this is the same guy.....

at their 35 or so....

in the second half of a playoff game....

down 3 scores.....

under 8 minutes or so to go.....

he punts......

you can't make this up sometimes.......

4 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

at our own 20.....

in the second half.....

with the lead....

We got it.  Stfu already.  

53 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

One thing we've learned on this thread is that the Hindsight Hawks would have probably been undefeated this year. :)

You know that's a stretch but beating one of the other 3 Dakota teams.........

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

There's one thing worse than someone pointing out the problems.

That's nobody giving a < bleep >. 

Never forget: The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. 

I believe he has pointed it out more than enough times over and over and over and over again on this board. We all got it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I believe he has pointed it out more than enough times over and over and over and over again on this board. We all got it.

But will we do better going forward? 

I ask based on Richmond 16 <--> MoiSt 21. 

I'd love for performance to shut us all up but until it's better pointing out the problems is warranted. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Another one of our TRICKS that didn't work and we didn't call a timeout.   In your infinite wisdom, why did we NOT call a F"ckin' timeout?  Did Bubba just flat out choke?  Did he forget he was the coach?  Did anyone ever question him?  Did he ever give an answer ?

That play expresses the EXACT reason why we finished 5-6 and are home and NDSU is 10-1 and may win another Championship.  Entz knew what was up on that play and we sh&t the bed as usual.

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Another one of our TRICKS that didn't work and we didn't call a timeout.   In your infinite wisdom, why did we NOT call a F"ckin' timeout?  Did Bubba just flat out choke?  Did he forget he was the coach?  Did anyone ever question him?  Did he ever give an answer ?

What are you talking about?  Don't recall

4 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What are you talking about?  Don't recall

I believe he's referencing going on 4th down on the "minus 20" in the third against NDSU. 

That was so out of character, so off script, I could not believe what was happening. Be aggressive, but on the "plus 20".

To use the hockey phraseology, sometimes high off the glass IS the best play. 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I believe he's referencing going on 4th down on the "minus 20" in the third against NDSU. 

That was so out of character, so off script, I could not believe what was happening. Be aggressive, but on the "plus 20".

To use the hockey phraseology, sometimes high off the glass IS the best play. 

We were going to take advantage of NDSU taking out the bigs and putting smaller lighter faster guys out for the punt.  Not a bad idea, but NDSU was ready for it (coaching) and noticed our OL didn't leave the field.  So instead of calling TO(or letting the clock run down and taking a delay penalty) and actually punting, we ran the play anyways and gave them the ball at our 20.  The defense stepped up and they only got a field goal, but it GAVE NDSU the lead mid way through the 3rd quarter.