SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Beavers. For reals this time.

Wilbur

I hate the trap.....haaaaate it.

We swept the purple eagles, they got swept by the brown dogs.  Watched some of the BSU-UMD games and Duluth definitely played frustrated at times.  Luckily for them I'm not sure if the Beavers were truly trying to score on Saturday.  

1-1 in Bemidji.

3-1 in Grand Forks.

Book it. 

To watch the game on Friday in Bemidji, have to pay $29.99 for the month. I have no interest in paying $150 for the year as I’ll never watch CCHA hockey unless UND is playing a team from the conference.

Is there anyone interested in sharing the cost? I’d stream the game to YouTube as done in the past. I make the streams publicly available to forum members so if you don’t like the idea of covering some of the cost and letting others watch for free I understand. Just hoping to cut down on the cost if I can but to be honest, I’ll most likely do the stream either way. :lol:

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

To watch the game on Friday in Bemidji, have to pay $29.99 for the month. I have no interest in paying $150 for the year as I’ll never watch CCHA hockey unless UND is playing a team from the conference.

Is there anyone interested in sharing the cost? I’d stream the game to YouTube as done in the past. I make the streams publicly available to forum members so if you don’t like the idea of covering some of the cost and letting others watch for free I understand. Just hoping to cut down on the cost if I can but to be honest, I’ll most likely do the stream either way. :lol:

Tim Hennessy may be the way to go for Friday. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I'd sure send you some $. Just PM me how much you want and I'll send it to you. And the check (or cash) WILL be in the mail.

1 hour ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Perhaps there are a few of us on here, as in new to the idea of watching someone else's YouTube stream.  What are the steps to accessing this stream on YouTube - log in to our personal YouTube acct, then get access the game stream via our own forum member login info?  How is the stream quality, do lots of viewers slow it down?  Would be happy to contribute instead of ponying up $30.  PayPal, Venmo as possible avenues of payment?  Thanks for your consideration.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

We swept the purple eagles, they got swept by the brown dogs.  Watched some of the BSU-UMD games and Duluth definitely played frustrated at times.  Luckily for them I'm not sure if the Beavers were truly trying to score on Saturday.  

1-1 in Bemidji.

3-1 in Grand Forks.

Book it. 

I would take it. Niagara was a must sweep. Although not at that level, looking at the non-conference schedule, splits could be on the horizon (and be solid results) for a few of those weekends. I would take a win and a tie, two wins would go such a long ways and almost give yourself a little breathing room non-conference.

Start fast on Friday.

2 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

You can buy just for October though, correct? You aren't locked into a year are you? I would be interested in splitting for the month with others.

1 hour ago, krustyklown said:

Perhaps there are a few of us on here, as in new to the idea of watching someone else's YouTube stream.  What are the steps to accessing this stream on YouTube - log in to our personal YouTube acct, then get access the game stream via our own forum member login info?  How is the stream quality, do lots of viewers slow it down?  Would be happy to contribute instead of ponying up $30.  PayPal, Venmo as possible avenues of payment?  Thanks for your consideration.

I post the YouTube stream link here in the game thread. Logging into YouTube isn't required. I set it up so that the only way to access stream is if you have/know the stream link. One reason you may want to log into YouTube account is if you'd like to watch on a TV using the YouTube app via Fire TV or Apple TV etc. so you would save the stream to your playlist(while logged in) and then you'd log into account on YouTube app(on Fire TV, Apple TV) to pull up the stream that was saved to your playlist. 

Stream quality may vary due to multiple reasons. However, the default quality I set it to is 720p, 60 frames per second. 

Here is my YouTube profile, if you'd like to see past games that I've live streamed so you have an idea of what to expect:
https://www.youtube.com/user/zoso264green/videos

@AJSYep, that's correct. 

If anyone is interested in helping cover the cost, shoot me a private message. Just know there is no obligation to do so. As mentioned above, I'll most likely be doing it either way. :)

3 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I would chip in

10 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I’m in...you take Venmo?

21 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

We all know who the true MVP of North Dakota hockey fans is.....

• Upvote 3

Interesting story about Kleven playing on the right side.  A move the Senators have to love.  

Sanderson all but guaranteed to make his NHL debut this year.  Do the Sens give Kleven another year to throw his weight around in the college game?

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Sanderson all but guaranteed to make his NHL debut this year.  Do the Sens give Kleven another year to throw his weight around in the college game?

I'd love to see him have another year at UND, but with how we got raided last offseason, I don't get my hopes up much with that stuff.

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I'd love to see him have another year at UND, but with how we got raided last offseason, I don't get my hopes up much with that stuff.

Physically he's ready, and the NHL loves big kids that can skate and that can one time the puck like he can.  

If he can become a bit more positionally sound his time in the forks could be short....???

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Interesting story about Kleven playing on the right side.  A move the Senators have to love.  

I think both those slackers need another two years at UND to properly develop. OK, you're right - they need three.:D

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2021 at 11:41 AM, SiouxFanatic said:

I would love to chip in!! I love this forum and have watched links you’ve provided in the past. PM me your cash app or whatever you use and I would love to chip in as well. Thank you. 

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Do the Sens give Kleven another year to throw his weight around in the college game?

The Sens may not, but history shows an extra year in college has hurt exactly no one

My evidence: The Colorado Avalanche, Makar and Jost both prove the point, from both directions. 

I respectfully disagree that Kleven is physically ready.  It takes big guys a while to grow into their bodies, and he still has that gangly colt look to him at times. I could see his path being junior year UND, senior year AHL, then breaking into the NHL. If he learns to use his length in the defensive zone and continues to get stronger, he could be a monster at 25. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2021 at 8:26 AM, Wilbur said:

I text a friend on the BSU staff and asked if they could not deploy the trap since fans don't appreciate 2-1 games.

He said a 2-1 BSU win sounded great to him, so I'm not sure he's going to respect my request.