SiouxSports.com Forum

Exhibition with the Beavers. Oct. 2nd.

Wilbur

It doesn't count, but will the game have more of an edge than when the half shields from the north come down?  TBD.  

Excited for college hockey, and anxious to see Sanderson.  Enjoy him while he is here folks. 

First goal of the year......hmm....Budy. 

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It doesn't count, but will the game have more of an edge than when the half shields from the north come down?  TBD.  

Excited for college hockey, and anxious to see Sanderson.  Enjoy him while he is here folks. 

I'll take Caulfield for first goal of the year

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Gaber will be 1st. My guess

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Any guesses on line combos for Saturday?

I'll throw mine out.

Schmaltz-Ford-Gaber

Budy-Calder-Caulfield

Hain-Senden-Portz

Kunz-Jamernik-Ness

Montgomery-Costantini-Albrecht

Sanderson-Frisch

Kleven-Jandric

Moore-Johnson

Bast-Ferner

Driscoll

Hellsten

Feeney

Johnson

I am pretty sure you don’t have a center on your 2nd line. 

13 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Thought Calder played some center? 

The late loss of Weatherby definitely leaves some questions down the middle for me. Be real interested to see who gets work on the faceoff dot Saturday.

I don’t think Calder is center - I think he’s just a winger. It sounds like Schmaltz and Costantini of the freshmen are both centers, so I imagine we’ll see one or both of them get looks at center. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I'll throw mine out.

Schmaltz-Ford-Gaber

Budy-Calder-Caulfield

Hain-Senden-Portz

Kunz-Jamernik-Ness

Sanderson-Frisch

Kleven-Jandric

Moore-Johnson

Bast-Ferner

Driscoll

Hellsten

Feeney

Johnson

I'm guessing Senden will be moved up to the 2nd line, at least to start with.  Jamernik takes over the 3rd.  Will be interesting if Bubs keeps Hain-Senden together.  Maybe something like this:

Gaber-Ford-Caulfield

Hain-Senden-Calder

Ness-Jamernik-Budy

Kunz-Schmaltz-Portz

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I'm guessing Senden will be moved up to the 2nd line, at least to start with.  Jamernik takes over the 3rd.  Will be interesting if Bubs keeps Hain-Senden together.  Maybe something like this:

Gaber-Ford-Caulfield

Hain-Senden-Calder

Ness-Jamernik-Budy

Kunz-Schmaltz-Portz

ZZZ Line........

Has the team ever uzed Z that much on a scoresheet before?

The Panzer years maybe...... this could take some research.

12 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I'll throw mine out.

Schmaltz-Ford-Gaber

Budy-Calder-Caulfield

Hain-Senden-Portz

Kunz-Jamernik-Ness

Sanderson-Frisch

Kleven-Jandric

Moore-Johnson

Bast-Ferner

Driscoll

Hellsten

Feeney

Johnson

Just listened to Berry's press conference and he said both Schmaltz and Constantini are playing center to start. I would think that would leave Ford and Senden as the other two centers with maybe Jamernik playing wing with the Senden line? 

Could be wrong, but I don’t foresee J. Kunz being on the 4th line or being there for too long. 

Has the body and size being a power forward that can score and grind/ have possession of the puck. Minus the transfer forwards, he’s probably our best incoming forward freshman…

Or how we would rate our current freshman forwards?

So many new bodies this year…it’s crazy  

49 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Could be wrong, but I don’t foresee J. Kunz being on the 4th line or being there for too long. 

Has the body and size being a power forward that can score and grind/ have possession of the puck. Minus the transfer forwards, he’s probably our best incoming forward freshman…

Or how we would rate our current freshman forwards?

So many new bodies this year…it’s crazy  

From what I listened to when Schlossman was on Chris Peters Hockey Sense podcast yesterday, Schmaltz is the standout forward of the freshman group so far. 

2 hours ago, I Ranger said:

Just listened to Berry's press conference and he said both Schmaltz and Constantini are playing center to start. I would think that would leave Ford and Senden as the other two centers with maybe Jamernik playing wing with the Senden line? 

Honestly, I'd see Jamernik playing center and Senden on the wing. That's how it was down the stretch last season. 

On 9/29/2021 at 11:23 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

ZZZ Line........

Has the team ever uzed Z that much on a scoresheet before?

The Panzer years maybe...... this could take some research.

1 AM, middle of the night ... Most brains say sleep... nah-uh my brain sez research media guide for most letter "Z"s to ever appear on a UND roster.... 4 this year, is that the most?

No. 2nd most behind the leader.

Answer is 5 in 2014- 15

Jordan Schmaltz

Nick Schmaltz

Bryn Chyzyk

Andrew Panzarella

Zane McIntyre

If the team roster page of the program wasn't sponsored by Zorbaz that year, a massive opportunity was lozt.

• Upvote 2

On 9/29/2021 at 6:22 PM, SiouxScore said:

I'll throw mine out.

Schmaltz-Ford-Gaber

Budy-Calder-Caulfield

Hain-Senden-Portz

Kunz-Jamernik-Ness

Sanderson-Frisch

Kleven-Jandric

Moore-Johnson

Bast-Ferner

Driscoll

Hellsten

Feeney

Johnson

Not terrible....would make sense. The only change I could see is giving Hain a top 6 role now seeing as he's a senior (over Schmaltz). Also, isn't Calder a wing? I do see the lack of offensive C's though...may have to play him at C.  I know both Ness and Schmaltz played C in juniors.

UND will be without at least two players for the exhibition.

Budy (lower body) and Carson Albrecht (undisclosed), both forwards, missed practice this week and will be held out of Saturday night's contest.

Because it's an exhibition, Berry is expected to be cautious with others who may not be 100 percent.

"We've got a couple guys who are nicked up a little bit," Berry said. "At the end of the day, we're going to try to get as many guys into the game. We're playing against Bemidji, a very good team and it's going to be a very competitive game, but at the same time, we need to get a body of work on our players here, getting some reps in game-like situations."