SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Recruiting

UND Fan

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 10:35 AM, sioux24/7 said:

Disappointed here. Thought we could get him here with the ND guys coming. 

Dissette's sister goes to SU so that may have been a factor in his decision.  Too bad - I think he will be very good!

On 11/17/2021 at 7:49 PM, sioux24/7 said:

I always get confused with basketball what thread to post recruits in. Isaac Bruns a 2023 guard has to be one of our top priorities. He recently took a visit here and to NDSU….. 

No surprise - Isaac will follow his brother to USD!

51 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Interesting reply from Tom Dosch inquiring about the possibility of former teammates reuniting.  Hmmm?

12 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

I am lost. Anyone able to fill me in on any possibilities? 

Has to be Doppler from Century as sioux24/7 is hinting at.  A 2023 kid

Hope I’m proven wrong but watched the 3 ND kids multiple times last year and thought the Minot kid was the only one that had a chance at the D1 level. Maybe they’ve improved this summer but just didn’t think the athleticism was there for this level. Also I think treyson had an offer from Abilene Christian 

7 hours ago, ND1 said:

I don’t believe Doppler, Erickson or Eaglestaff had a offer outside of UNDs.  I could be wrong, but it’s a bit odd.   We used to chastise bubba for this.  

Part of this is due to when they all have committed. Eaglestaff, no doubt in my mind would have received more mid-major level offers. Erickson, has nice size and seems to move fairly well and decent shot but I think he will be a project. Doppler, I just know has a nice stroke. It will be interesting to see what those two do this year. Would hope a ND team with 2 D1 commits would kind of roll but then again Enderlin didn’t even make it to state I believe. 

8 hours ago, ND1 said:

I don’t believe Doppler, Erickson or Eaglestaff had a offer outside of UNDs.  I could be wrong, but it’s a bit odd.   We used to chastise bubba for this.  

We also chastise anyone who didn't land ND recruits.

If they went to NDSU the board would be screaming that Sather can't land anyone in-state. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, ND1 said:

Did Bruns and Ihenacho have a bunch of offers?  Sometimes I wouldn't mind a little less talent, but guys who want to be here and willing to work hard, learn and be a team guy.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ND1 said:

Time to start proving that the state can product DI talent consistently. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

We also chastise anyone who didn't land ND recruits.

If they went to NDSU the board would be screaming that Sather can't land anyone in-state. 

Sure, but the proof is in the pudding. You can recruit local ND recruits all you want, but you also need to win. Ideally both would happen, but Sather winning at UND hasn’t exactly happened. This begs the question: are the no-other-offer players he’s recruiting from ND truly DI caliber players? 

ultimately, tough to recruit good BB players to UND, but it can be done, theoretically 

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sure, but the proof is in the pudding. You can recruit local ND recruits all you want, but you also need to win. Ideally both would happen, but Sather winning at UND hasn’t exactly happened. This begs the question: are the no-other-offer players he’s recruiting from ND truly DI caliber players? 

ultimately, tough to recruit good BB players to UND, but it can be done, theoretically 

I guess we are going to find out. 

I am confidence that last year was a massive fluke of bad luck/injuries and they will bounce back in 22-23, very similar to what the women did last year. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tnt said:

Did Bruns and Ihenacho have a bunch of offers?  Sometimes I wouldn't mind a little less talent, but guys who want to be here and willing to work hard, learn and be a team guy.  

This is not meant to be a negative statement but you can be assured that we haven't had anyone too talented in 25+ years!

We were the only DI school to offer either Bruns or Ihenacho! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recent offer:

SG Tyson Ruud, 6'5", 190, Basehor (Basehor-Linwood), KS  Has DII offers

We only have one scholarship available for next year (that will likely change after the season) so this kid must be talented.  His numbers weren't crazy good on their 18-3 team averaging about 15/game but he shot 57% from the field, 3's at 43% and FTs at 80%.  Bashor is a town of 6-7,000 west of KC, south of Leavenworth. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prep Hoops published the top unsigned 2023 players in NDNot sure if UND has interest in any of them or if they are more of a D2 players. 

Conner Kraft|6’8 PF| Shanley

His length and athleticism will translate very well at the net level. Conner fits the mold of a modern-day stretch-4 that will improve spacing for programs with a strong post presence. Kraft is a gifted rebounder that is quick off the floor and he is great at high pointing the ball. Conner is a fearless dunker that will put on a show in every game this winter. Everyone is excited to see where the talented Kraft ends up.

Zach Kraft|6’2 G| Grand Forks Red River

The famed “Red River Rifle” is a 3-point sniper that will instantly make any college program a better shooting club. Kraft can play on or off the ball as a talented combo guard that brings value with his offensive versatility. Zach does have some college offers but has yet to make a decision. He projects well as a 3 & D type player at the next level. Kraft is also smooth with the ball in his hands as a facilitator and creator.

Alex Dvorak |6’1 G| Dickinson

He provides instant offense and he can create his own shot as well as anyone in North Dakota. Alex has the skillset to be a college combo-guard. Dvorak is an electric offensive player. Alex has shown that he can be successful in various offensive styles. He has next-level athleticism to continue his development with the right program. Expect a big senior season and for many schools to have eyes on Dvorak throughout the year.

Raymond Brown |5’11 G| Fargo Davies

He is arguably the best on-ball defender in North Dakota. Defensively, Ray can wear down an opponent’s top scorer with constant ball pressure, quick feet, and elite speed. Brown is ubiquitous and frustrating as a defender. On offense, Ray is excellent in transition. At the next level, Brown might be best suited with an up-tempo or drive-and-kick style of offense.