SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Recruiting

UND Fan

16 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Zach Kraft|6’2 G| Grand Forks Red River

The famed “Red River Rifle” is a 3-point sniper that will instantly make any college program a better shooting club. Kraft can play on or off the ball as a talented combo guard that brings value with his offensive versatility. Zach does have some college offers but has yet to make a decision. He projects well as a 3 & D type player at the next level. Kraft is also smooth with the ball in his hands as a facilitator and creator.

Sorry...but the "Red River Rifle" will never NOT be Joe Wilson to me!!! :D

• Upvote 3

On 9/21/2022 at 3:33 PM, ND1 said:

Prep Hoops published the top unsigned 2023 players in NDNot sure if UND has interest in any of them or if they are more of a D2 players. 

Conner Kraft|6’8 PF| Shanley

His length and athleticism will translate very well at the net level. Conner fits the mold of a modern-day stretch-4 that will improve spacing for programs with a strong post presence. Kraft is a gifted rebounder that is quick off the floor and he is great at high pointing the ball. Conner is a fearless dunker that will put on a show in every game this winter. Everyone is excited to see where the talented Kraft ends up.

Zach Kraft|6’2 G| Grand Forks Red River

The famed “Red River Rifle” is a 3-point sniper that will instantly make any college program a better shooting club. Kraft can play on or off the ball as a talented combo guard that brings value with his offensive versatility. Zach does have some college offers but has yet to make a decision. He projects well as a 3 & D type player at the next level. Kraft is also smooth with the ball in his hands as a facilitator and creator.

Conner Kraft is the interesting one left in North Dakota. Have seen some say he's the best player in the class for North Dakota (in a class with 3 other guys committed to d1 schools). He played AAU for Howard Pulley. I believe when coaches could start talking to players in this class he had heard from some high mid major and even a couple of p5 programs. I would think he would be a d1 level player based on that but haven't seen him report any offers. 

I think Zach Kraft is probably skilled enough to play d1 basketball but size and frame will always be a limiting factor for him

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don’t think this offer was ever mentioned anywhere. So right now we have 3 players coming in next year, so to me that means 3 coming out. It’s gotta be Sueker (for sure), Nero and Danielson leaving right? Danielson I think could come back and I’m not positive but I think Nero could too. We do have an opening right now with Ndouko not on campus but I think he’s still coming in January. 

On 11/26/2022 at 12:53 PM, sioux24/7 said:

I don’t think this offer was ever mentioned anywhere. So right now we have 3 players coming in next year, so to me that means 3 coming out. It’s gotta be Sueker (for sure), Nero and Danielson leaving right? Danielson I think could come back and I’m not positive but I think Nero could too. We do have an opening right now with Ndouko not on campus but I think he’s still coming in January. 

Sueker is listed as a fifth year so I would assume he is done after this year. Danielson and Nero are both listed as seniors but would still have one year of eligibility left because of the Covid year. I would think/hope both of those two are done after this year. 

Can confirm from my source that he’s still coming assuming everything goes smoothly with visa. 

The seniors are Sueker, Nero, and Danielson.  Nero and Danielson both have COVID options (and they are the last two players who have COVID eligibility who were original to UND when COVID went down)

• 1 month later...

UND will have at least 1 scholarship yet to use next year since Ndouko isn’t coming it appears. Just with how college basketball is, I would guess we have one more too. Two priorities, find a fricken point guard and a big. Easier said than done, sure. 

Also, I know we have two 6’9”+ guys coming in and Nicholson could be a factor but I want bruiser. 

• 2 weeks later...

A serious look should be made of Reis Rowekamp at Red River.  Zach Kraft is an excellent 3 point shooter but not as long and no where near the athleticism as Reis.  Kraft will need significant work on the defensive side of the ball, where Rowekamp is a very good defensive player as well.  Reis has an incredibly fast first step, shoots well outside, and can take a hard drive with a high vertical pure midrange pull up jumper that is nearly impossible to stop.  He has had several 30 point games this year.  When he wants to, he can be a playmaker and get others good looks as well.  Like most high school stars, looks to score first, but have seen glimpses of his playmaking ability as well and there is a real potential there.  I would love to see him as a consideration.  Having seen him play several times, as well as UND’s 12 man rotation, there is no question in my mind he is as good as or better than several of the players we have on the UND bench right now…

8 hours ago, Hans8891 said:

A serious look should be made of Reis Rowekamp at Red River.  Zach Kraft is an excellent 3 point shooter but not as long and no where near the athleticism as Reis.  Kraft will need significant work on the defensive side of the ball, where Rowekamp is a very good defensive player as well.  Reis has an incredibly fast first step, shoots well outside, and can take a hard drive with a high vertical pure midrange pull up jumper that is nearly impossible to stop.  He has had several 30 point games this year.  When he wants to, he can be a playmaker and get others good looks as well.  Like most high school stars, looks to score first, but have seen glimpses of his playmaking ability as well and there is a real potential there.  I would love to see him as a consideration.  Having seen him play several times, as well as UND’s 12 man rotation, there is no question in my mind he is as good as or better than several of the players we have on the UND bench right now…

My only thing with that is, it is another guy that doesn't really have any other D1 interest/offers at the moment. We have enough of those guys right now. He is getting a ton of JUCO interest and offers right now. Let him go develop at a JUCO for a year or two and then if he does well try to get him from there. Just my thoughts though. We need guys that are 100% D1 level talent and size. No questions asked. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

I like the offer. Very athletic and had had D1 interest in the past. Looks like 3 Juco’s in 3 years?

Yeah I feel like he could be an instant contributor. Not sure why he’s been jumping schools. But like you said, good to see the other offers. 

On 1/28/2023 at 9:39 PM, sioux24/7 said:

Yeah I feel like he could be an instant contributor. Not sure why he’s been jumping schools. But like you said, good to see the other offers. 

The three Juco's in 3 years is very interesting! Would be interesting to see why that is. But he is most definitely a D1 player both physically and athletically. I like the offer! 

49 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

The three Juco's in 3 years is very interesting! Would be interesting to see why that is. But he is most definitely a D1 player both physically and athletically. I like the offer! 

Give them credit for adjusting.  They know their HS kids aren't ready or good enough.  Need transfers like everyone else is getting

• Like 1