SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-2023 Recruiting

UND Fan

2 hours ago, Devils said:

Have seen the western ND guys play quite a bit - I think Dissette will be a very solid D1 guy.  Long, explosive and just a good player.  Probably wouldn't be a big scorer in college but a very solid player.  I don't think Doppler is athletic enough to play D1, strikes me as more of a middle D2 or NAIA guy.  Erikson has nice size (~6'8 240) but would be a project.

Very good assessment above. Erickson is best friends with eaglestaff.  

3 hours ago, Devils said:

Have seen the western ND guys play quite a bit - I think Dissette will be a very solid D1 guy.  Long, explosive and just a good player.  Probably wouldn't be a big scorer in college but a very solid player.  I don't think Doppler is athletic enough to play D1, strikes me as more of a middle D2 or NAIA guy.  Erikson has nice size (~6'8 240) but would be a project.

As ND1 said you nailed this. If Dissette could shoot like Eaglestaff watch out. As of now I see him as a Boden Skunberg type player.  He’s fantastic defensively right now and won’t make many mistakes.  Pretty much no downside with this offer. 
I wasn’t terribly impressed with Erickson the 3 times I watched him play. But he’s 6’10” and those guys don’t come along often. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

As ND1 said you nailed this. If Dissette could shoot like Eaglestaff watch out. As of now I see him as a Boden Skunberg type player.  He’s fantastic defensively right now and won’t make many mistakes.  Pretty much no downside with this offer. 
I wasn’t terribly impressed with Erickson the 3 times I watched him play. But he’s 6’10” and those guys don’t come along often. 

Dissette doesn’t seem to shoot all that great but is supper aggressive at taking it to the hoop and defense.  It’s crazy the amount of college talent in the 2023 class in ND.  

41 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

I've watched Dissette play a lot.  You're exactly right...and I think shooting can be taught.  I'd expect his outside shot to be improved even next year at the high school level.  What can't be taught is his reach and athleticism.  He played in the paint quite a bit for Minot since they didn't really have much of a post presence, but as a two guard his ability to get to the rim is quite impressive.  He's really scrappy and aggressive and I think he can put more weight on as well.  And one other thing...he's a winner...and it's always nice to have winners in your program!

Like you said...I'm not sure he's an automatic star...but he's got the ability to be a solid player for UND...hopefully we can get him!

Recent offers according to verbal commits:

On 1/12/2022 at 6:37 PM, sioux24/7 said:

I think we should give Bentiu all the minutes in the world if it gets Mier to UND. 

Have we been talking to him at all?  Curious that he has a Depaul offer but no UND offer (that I'm aware of).  Makes me wonder if Bentau is interested in coaching.

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Recent offers according to verbal commits:

Wtf is our cupboard that bare

Just for kicks, here are the top 10 2023 players in ND according to Prep Hoops.  I believe most of them have college offers already and they just finished their junior year of HS!  Certainly one of the more  talented classes in HS basketball as of late

13 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Wtf is our cupboard that bare

No.

Next question.

Sather was down in Indy watching a big AAU tournament last weekend.  That's why there was so many offers after that tournament.  Two of them are for 2022, which UND still needs to fill. 

Nothing unusual about it. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, UND08 said:

I've watched Dissette play a lot.  You're exactly right...and I think shooting can be taught.  I'd expect his outside shot to be improved even next year at the high school level.  What can't be taught is his reach and athleticism.  He played in the paint quite a bit for Minot since they didn't really have much of a post presence, but as a two guard his ability to get to the rim is quite impressive.  He's really scrappy and aggressive and I think he can put more weight on as well.  And one other thing...he's a winner...and it's always nice to have winners in your program!

Like you said...I'm not sure he's an automatic star...but he's got the ability to be a solid player for UND...hopefully we can get him!

I live in Minot so have watched Darik play quite a bit the last 3 years. The Skunberg comparison really isn’t fair because they’re not really similar players, but they’re roughly the same height, relatively close in age, both played in the west region, and both are D1 players. 
Dissette’s longer, a little more athletic, and can get to the rim better. Skunberg’s a better shooter (at least in high school),  stronger, and maybe a slightly better ballhandler. Skunberg has developed into a really good defender in college, but I don’t remember his defensive prowess in high school. Dissette is already a good defender now, and if he can get stronger will just get better. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

I live in Minot so have watched Darik play quite a bit the last 3 years. The Skunberg comparison really isn’t fair because they’re not really similar players, but they’re roughly the same height, relatively close in age, both played in the west region, and both are D1 players. 
Dissette’s longer, a little more athletic, and can get to the rim better. Skunberg’s a better shooter (at least in high school),  stronger, and maybe a slightly better ballhandler. Skunberg has developed into a really good defender in college, but I don’t remember his defensive prowess in high school. Dissette is already a good defender now, and if he can get stronger will just get better. 

Seen him play a few times as well and I would say that's a very good assessment.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 9:03 AM, UND Fan said:

At least four offers yesterday. including a couple ND kids:

SG Anthony Dopple, 6'4", 200, Bismarck (Century), ND 
SG Darik Dissette, 6'4", Minot (Minot), ND
SF Dallas Bear, 6'7", Cedar Falls (Cedar Falls), IA  Has offer from Bryant
SF Marzouq Abdur-Razeeq, 6'7", 195, Aurora (Overland), CO  Has offer From Montana

The Bison offered Dissette last night.

• 1 month later...