SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

While Sanderson's injury is still terrible news (and for him more than us; we just watch, he's living it; and this is not a guy with one foot out the door, as evidenced by the fateful crease dive), the good news about the way it played out is the team had February to learn to play in his absence.  The team learned they can do it, and individual guys got better with the ice time. So lfg. 

• Upvote 3

UND is now a lock to be a No. 2 seed (No. 6, 7, or 8 overall). The No. 3 seeds will be Notre Dame, St. Cloud State, UMass and Michigan Tech (No. 12 overall). All signs are pointing toward Notre Dame or UMass being UND's first-round opponent.

Should be an interesting first round matchup.
Either would be a tough out for the first game.

You know I walked past Gavin Hain last night and not enough can be said about how important he was to this year's team.  The Jammer-Senden-Hain line would be huge this time of the year.  Maybe Senden and Hain return next year?  

Coach B says this team will make us all proud in the post.  Hope he's right, but just don't see enough chemistry right now with our forward lines.  I've been wrong before, hope I am again. 

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You know I walked past Gavin Hain last night and not enough can be said about how important he was to this year's team.  The Jammer-Senden-Hain line would be huge this time of the year.  Maybe Senden and Hain return next year?  

Coach B says this team will make us all proud in the post.  Hope he's right, but just don't see enough chemistry right now with our forward lines.  I've been wrong before, hope I am again. 

I sure was proud watching them get out skated last night.

Is Sanderson's injury one that could be made worse by playing? Thinking of that scene in Miracle. ;)

Hard to keep the best player in college hockey in the stands now that we’re in one and done format unless the injury makes it a physical impossibility (like if the skate cut his thumb off and he can’t grip the stick ;)). Even a Sanderson at 50-75% is better than most players in college. 

26 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Is Sanderson's injury one that could be made worse by playing? Thinking of that scene in Miracle. ;)

Hard to keep the best player in college hockey in the stands now that we’re in one and done format unless the injury makes it a physical impossibility (like if the skate cut his thumb off and he can’t grip the stick ;)). Even a Sanderson at 50-75% is better than most players in college. 

Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) Tweeted:

#Sens prospect Jake Sanderson had surgery on his hand a couple of days ago. The timetable is to TBD on the recovery and though odds aren he won't play for UND again this season it hasn't been ruled out. Still possible he plays in the NHL. See where it goes. https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/1504874859544858625?s=20&t=3t4-1wFXCMyIUEUsshJQlQ

43 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

Mankato vs airforce or Aic

und vs scsu book it

No way they put UND vs. SCSU.  All costs go to avoiding first round interleague matchups.

On second thought you may be correct because you could have 3 NCHC teams as 2 seeds.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

No way they put UND vs. SCSU.  All costs go to avoiding first round interleague matchups.

On second thought you may be correct because you could have 3 NCHC teams as 2 seeds.

Even if NCHC has three 2 seeds, the 3 seed band is already locked in with SCSU, Notre Dame, UMass, and MTU.
They could just have the lone NCHC 3 seed (SCSU) play QU as long as bracket integrity isn't too far off.

Based on current PWR (if DU ends up being #5 instead of current #4), that'd look like this:

5 DU vs 12 MTU
6 UND vs 11 UMass
7 QU vs 10 SCSU
8 UMD vs 9 ND

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Boy-lots of ups and downs with being an UND hockey fan.

UND fans lead the nation in up/down ratio over the last 40 years.  And 30 years.  Over 20 you could argue they're in the top 3.  Over 10 in the top 3.  We've been blessed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jk said:

UND fans lead the nation in up/down ratio over the last 40 years.  And 30 years.  Over 20 you could argue they're in the top 3.  Over 10 in the top 3.  We've been blessed. 

just-win-baby-al-davis.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3