SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

18 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Was anyone wondering if he wasn't before his hand got cut open by a skate on a freak play? Not that I've seen. So, what changed? 

@stoneySIOUX, I've been wondering since Beijing. That's the first real hit he's taken in a year and a half, and he was out. 

36 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I do not want to see Sanderson end up like Jost where it's obvious another year (to let the maturing natural male testosterone build out the frame*) in college would've been of benefit. 

Jost isn't star, but he's a solid NHL player who has earned more than 10m and is still in his early 20's.   While we would have loved to have him another year, the kid's done pretty well for himself and his family.

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

@stoneySIOUX, I've been wondering since Beijing. That's the first real hit he's taken in a year and a half, and he was out. 

Ditto. 

No one with any sense is questioning Jake's skills, ability, heart, character, etc. And yes, it's still 99.99% that he leaves for Ottawa after the season. But I'm willing to entertain the possibility that Jake might benefit greatly from one more year of physical development at the college level. 

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

19 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Ditto. 

No one with any sense is questioning Jake's skills, ability, heart, character, etc. And yes, it's still 99.99% that he leaves for Ottawa after the season. But I'm willing to entertain the possibility that Jake might benefit greatly from one more year of physical development at the college level. 

Not sure I think it's fair for a kid to take basically one hit ever, get injured, and then be questioned for being injury prone. That was a very hard hit. Not something that'll happen a lot to him in his career, IMO. 

What you are both saying, I totally get, I just question the narrative.

26 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Jost isn't star, but he's a solid NHL player who has earned more than 10m and is still in his early 20's.  

Tyson Jost estimated career earnings: $4,896,721
https://www.capfriendly.com/players/tyson-jost 

We'll never know what another year in college would've done for Jost. I do find it interesting that Keith Jones singled Jost out. (Jones is a four-year college guy, WMU.) 

12 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Not sure I think it's fair for a kid to take basically one hit ever, get injured, and then be questioned for being injury prone. That was a very hard hit. Not something that'll happen a lot to him in his career, IMO. 

What you are both saying, I totally get, I just question the narrative.

And if anyone is labeling Sanderson injury-prone at this early stage in his career, I agree @stoneySIOUX that such a narrative would be premature. 

I'm just being greedy hoping for another season with Jake. His end-to-end goal against Bemidji is one of those all-time-great highlights. I'd like a few more of those highlights before he leaves.

17 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

And if anyone is labeling Sanderson injury-prone at this early stage in his career, I agree @stoneySIOUX that such a narrative would be premature. 

I'm just being greedy hoping for another season with Jake. His end-to-end goal against Bemidji is one of those all-time-great highlights. I'd like a few more of those highlights before he leaves.

Me too. He's gonna be missed. I was really, really hoping, and frankly, expecting a couple more moments from him. He showed it on Friday. Such a bummer.