SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Minnesota Boys Hockey Tournament

Wilbur

41 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Saw a tweet today that referenced both Gentry's boys and girls in state finals today but I can't find it again.

to paraphrase - 'If your school has an enrollment of 90 has 50 of them playing in hs state tourney finals today - are you really a school?'

Saw that too. Believe it was at HFBoards 

7 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

They will be AA problem next year.  

Until then: Go Dodge County, shock the world.  When was the last time a team from Southern Minnesota was in the state final?

I know Luverne was in a few years ago, but can’t remember how far they went.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

They will be AA problem next year.  

Until then: Go Dodge County, shock the world.  When was the last time a team from Southern Minnesota was in the state final?

Is it decided that they are they going AA next year?  I haven't seen anything either way

4 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Is it decided that they are they going AA next year?  I haven't seen anything either way

I was listening earlier in the week to Paul Allen and he had a guy on that was pretty connected saying they were going to AA. But we will know more in 12 days when the new sections come out 

3 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Saw a tweet today that referenced both Gentry's boys and girls in state finals today but I can't find it again.

to paraphrase - 'If your school has an enrollment of 90 has 50 of them playing in hs state tourney finals today - are you really a school?'

This is amazing and troubling to me. Would these players be playing high school if not playing for Gentry (or like hockey school)? I can’t fault the kids. 

Watched the end of the Class A Girls final which went to double overtime. When it was time for the captain of Gentry to accept the runner-up trophy, they had to prompt her to go get it. I can't blame a team for not being interested in a 2nd place trophy, but I have never seen that before in either boys or girls.

44 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Fureseth boyz grew up down street from my parents. They moved to Roseau for hockey then figured out no chance there for future although good playas  so parents bought some schollies at the academy 

How old were they when they left GF?