SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Minnesota Boys Hockey Tournament

Wilbur

Midco channel 323 in GF has it Boys High School Hockey listed but when you go to it it just says the tournament is available exclusively on a local broadcast channel in this area. See your guide for details. 
Not sure what that means but they aren’t showing it. 

Just now, crb1 said:

Midco channel 323 in GF has it Boys High School Hockey listed but when you go to it it just says the tournament is available exclusively on a local broadcast channel in this area. See your guide for details. 

It's on 595 in Moorhead on midco. It doesn't show on the guide, I had to find it.

• Upvote 2

Just now, crb1 said:

Can watch it online.  EGF twitter gave a link to all the action earlier. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

MSHSL decision makers on top of their game again. Still don't know why the teams really have to quarantine because an former opponent tests positive. I'm not sure I've seen any cases traced back to being transmitted from team to team through sports.

And MN players are still required to wear masks during game play.......thought that and distancing (not spending 15 minutes next to the same person.........which is easy to avoid given multiple player  lines and the large play area) was the magic bullet?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So every player was wearing masks and the exposure time was only like 2 minutes at most?!!  And now Hill-Murray has to forfeit because of exposure?1  What the hell are we doing!!  This is beyond ridiculous.  

This nothing short of the Ferris Bueller 31 Flavors bit. 

When are we going to stop looking to ruin kids lives?

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My niece lives in the cities and they just had their State Gymnastics meet last weekend.

Leading up to the meet over the last 3 weeks or so, her and her teammates basically avoided doing any other activities(she skipped her travel team softball practices) so as not to have any contact with other kids whose parents may not be smart enough to just keep their kid at home and quarantined if they lose their sense of smell instead of getting them tested and wrecking other schools and teams seasons and memories.

38 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yes.  They actually know which kid at WBL was a positive.  The lawsuit broke down by player the actual amount of time that each Hill Murray player spent next to that kid during the game and most were less than a minute.  Beyond ridiculous.  

Honest question though, is there any chance some gamesmanship was involved in the Hermantown and Hill Murray DQs?  I'm sure WBL is getting sick of seeing private school Hill Murray keep them out of the tournament every year.....and frankly high school hockey players are not known as frequent testers.......same could be said of Hermantown and all the schools up that way that are sick of Hermantown sandbagging in class A.  Just a thought. 

My favorite is they still have these kids showing up to the rink dressed.  Like there's not enough room to distance them inside the X so they could dress in the building.

That was a clown show this summer at Juniors tryouts watching young men get buck naked in the parking lot changing in and out of their gear.  Those boys were doing it on purpose too because it was a clown show and there giving zero F's who saw what just to prove a point of how ridiculous it was.  My kid was one of them.

This is what happens when you put the eggheads in charge.  They come up with the most ridiculous "rules".  

• Upvote 2

PSA:  For those looking for the games on Midco in your area, not all the station numbers line up.  In past years Midco would put this in the station that airs MyTV.  This year they have the games on Midco Sports 3.  So whatever that channel is in your area is where you'll find them.  Here in Vermillion it's Ch.323.  I wish they would just run it on Midco or Midco 2 since there is nothing else really going on and that way it would be in HD but just lucky to have them somewhere.

Last night I streamed it over the Firestick from the Prep45 website but there was too much buffering for my liking, though the picture was great.

Shout out to Midco for putting these tournaments on their network.  In past years they've also had the South Dakota Hockey State Tournament as well as many other state tournaments from across the Dakotas.  We're lucky to have them as a cable provider as I've heard enough horror stories about cable providers in other areas of the country.