SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Minnesota Boys Hockey Tournament

Wilbur

6 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Every time i see Gentry I just think of a team created by the Lucius's for their kids to play on

How do we create a team exactly how we want it for our kids with exactly the coaches we want?  

Ohh let's make a school. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Not putting this on the EGF goalie, but how do they not have a better guy in their program?  Heard from people all year it was goaltending that was the killer. 

I don't really know the last time EGF had a good goalie. Even their state championship teams it was a weak spot.

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

This game shouldn't be close. Very lucky bounces for the EFG goalie

EGF played pretty decent but you could see the depth take over some in the 3rd period. The depth and a couple big stops from the Gentry goalie one for sure on Parker were the difference. The goal that made it 3-2 was an absolute backbreaker for EGF.

27 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

With EGF out of the tourney I hope Little Falls wins.

Pretty sure we saw the championship today with Gentry/EGF. Gentry beat Little Falls like 8-1 earlier this season. Wish they would've re-seeded when Hermantown had to play their JV.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

How do we create a team exactly how we want it for our kids with exactly the coaches we want?  

Ohh let's make a school. 

Literally what Gentry did. I was very curious about them and found old article that said they are a sports leadership school and I thought it said they practice during the school day. Only like 90 kids in the school. And I heard most are from out of state. 

Another big 3rd period for Lakeville South gives them a 5-3 win over Wayzata and moves them into the AA Championship. Think South has scored 4 goals in each 3rd period in the state tournament so far. 

Nightcap should be a great one with Eden Prairie and Maple Grove.

8 hours ago, cberkas said:

EP 6-5 OT

Batchelder with a hat trick and Blake with 5 points

Epic game.  Kids on both teams that could be playing junior hockey but the opportunity to play in the state tournament has them sticking in high school.  

Got a little sloppy in the third period, but high end hockey for most of the game. 

18 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Literally what Gentry did. I was very curious about them and found old article that said they are a sports leadership school and I thought it said they practice during the school day. Only like 90 kids in the school. And I heard most are from out of state. 

Saw a tweet today that referenced both Gentry's boys and girls in state finals today but I can't find it again.

to paraphrase - 'If your school has an enrollment of 90 has 50 of them playing in hs state tourney finals today - are you really a school?'

• Upvote 2