SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Minnesota Boys Hockey Tournament

Wilbur

42 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Really pretty goal from Jackson Blake to make it 4-1. 

Announcer just said Blake played with a broken ankle through part of this season. 

If he plays like his dad I'll enjoy every second of his time in GF. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

My favorite is they still have these kids showing up to the rink dressed.  Like there's not enough room to distance them inside the X so they could dress in the building.

That was a clown show this summer at Juniors tryouts watching young men get buck naked in the parking lot changing in and out of their gear.  Those boys were doing it on purpose too because it was a clown show and there giving zero F's who saw what just to prove a point of how ridiculous it was.  My kid was one of them.

This is what happens when you put the eggheads in charge.  They come up with the most ridiculous "rules".  

I believe this is Xcel rules, but yes they need to show up dressed and leave 15 minutes after. No shower. So I'm sure that was a fun bus ride home for EGF.

Also many kids in all sorts sports at many of the schools went to distance learning to avoid being quarantined from schools being fully all in.

Just now, SiouxScore said:

Goaltending has been a problem all year for EGF. Gentry is solid but the Wave are definitely the best team they've faced all year as their schedule is pretty soft. 

Wave putting up a great fight.  Extremely tough to hide your goalie against teams like Gentry. 

10 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Goaltending has been a problem all year for EGF. Gentry is solid but the Wave are definitely the best team they've faced all year as their schedule is pretty soft. 

I was wondering who they played since they keep saying EGF is the toughest team Gentry has played.

7 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I was wondering who they played since they keep saying EGF is the toughest team Gentry has played.

St. Paul schools-Breck, Blake, St. Paul Academy, St. Paul Johnson, Tartan, Holy Angels, etc. Didn't help that Blake was down this year for them they did play Little Falls in early February. Added a game with Hermantown late in the year but it was canceled for covid concerns. 

https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/schedule/team_instance/5690730?subseason=697637