SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

6 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We are shooting 36% on threes ytd

our opponents are shooting a ridiculous 46% on threes 

With 2 clunkers thrown in there, If they can get that to around 38-40% for the year, that would be solid.

That 2nd number is concerning and that has to change going forward.  FAU and UT Martin got too many open looks for 3.  Perimeter and close out defense needs to be better.  If there is a one thing that needs to get better immediate, it is that part of the defense. 

That will come in time.  

5 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

In other Summit League action, I saw WIU beat NKU by 2 at the buzzer with putback shot.  

Stat line of the game: Sims with 0 points, 2 boards in four minutes of playing time coming off the bench.

I've been following some of our transfers from last year and outside of Rebraca* and G (who is playing very well at Mary), no one is really lighting it up so far.. or even made it on the court

*If only his grad program was in-person at UND..... sigh

13 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I've been following some of our transfers from last year and outside of Rebraca* and G (who is playing very well at Mary), no one is really lighting it up so far.. or even made it on the court

*If only his grad program was in-person at UND..... sigh

I believe Tyree has been dealing with a hand injury. 

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately after watching most of the games I don't see this team winning more then 10 games this year (hope I'm wrong). The talent level just isn't there. I see a bunch of D2 talent playing D1 basketball. There isn't a leader that can take over a game, there isn't a post threat or a 3 point threat. Bruns seems to be turning out the way we were all hoping but that isnt going to be enough. In Sathers 3rd season (?) I would have thought we'd be in a better position then this. Yes, he can coach but the recruiting part is starting to be a question. Like I said I hope I'm wrong and they can have a good season but what I've seen so far I'm not feeling to good about it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Unfortunately after watching most of the games I don't see this team winning more then 10 games this year (hope I'm wrong). The talent level just isn't there. I see a bunch of D2 talent playing D1 basketball. There isn't a leader that can take over a game, there isn't a post threat or a 3 point threat. Bruns seems to be turning out the way we were all hoping but that isnt going to be enough. In Sathers 3rd season (?) I would have thought we'd be in a better position then this. Yes, he can coach but the recruiting part is starting to be a question. Like I said I hope I'm wrong and they can have a good season but what I've seen so far I'm not feeling to good about it.

I think if we beat 10 D1 Teams this year we have to consider that a success !  I dont think we will beat 10 D1 schools this year.  

2 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

I think if we beat 10 D1 Teams this year we have to consider that a success !  I dont think we will beat 10 D1 schools this year.  

Well they only beat 9 D1 teams last year and was .500 in the Summit.

Two years before that it was 12.

Last year of Jones was only 8 D1 wins. 

They will get to at least 10.  2 good opportunities coming up and they will get some wins in conference play. 

Remember Jones days when he had to run the Princeton offense just to take the full time off the shot clock 

hard to compare coaches when Jones didn’t have to deal with the transfer portal 

sather I think is a good coach, when will the talent follow?

27 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

How many years we give him? Should be year 3 of his recurits

whats jones record in year 3 d-1

He was 19-15 after going 8-23 the previous season (Princeton offense?)

That the year they brought in Huff, Anderson, Webb, Brekke, and Schueler.

9 hours ago, Kab said:

Remember Jones days when he had to run the Princeton offense just to take the full time off the shot clock 

hard to compare coaches when Jones didn’t have to deal with the transfer portal 

sather I think is a good coach, when will the talent follow and stay?

Added two more words to your post.  

Retaining talent is going to be even more important going forward.  UND can't keep overhauling their team year after year.  

• Upvote 2