SiouxSports.com Forum

SIU Predictions

GoHawks

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

The below clip from one of Miller's articles is all you need to know about why Freund is head and shoulders a better coordinator than Rudolph. Rudy just never understood this concept.

Freund's offense has been more pass-friendly, although he stresses it's a scheme that morphs to the strengths of the roster.

"Every year, your team and roster changes and personnel factors go into the design of your offense," Freund said.

I read that comment, too, and thought the same thing.  Danny for HC!

Being new to the MVFC, SIU hasn't seen an offense that plays the type of football Freund puts on the field. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about Tommy not having enough overall skill to win us a game. I know he won't lose us a game, but I want a QB who can win you a game when others aren't having their best day. However, I'm going to say the defense brings it and we win 21-17.

*Bonus plug: At one point, we will block a punt.

I do not know much about SIU, but I like where Danny Freund is taking this offense. He is youthful and proactive with the offensive scheme, which UND has not had for a long, long time. I expect there could be some growing pains, but this is the first game in February for SIU too. I like that it is at home at the Alerus Center. I expect the offense to be fine. The defense has some key returners too, which should help Bubba and first year DC Brett Holinka with the defense. 

I expect UND to win, and would be disappointed if UND loses. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I expect nothing but optimism here but man am I nervous about that wildcat QB. After listening to the 360 guys, my optimism dropped a bit. 

Last season the defense did a great job against Montana State which was similar. I'm holding out hope that the D is scheming to stop the run since the secondary is a strength.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Last season the defense did a great job against Montana State which was similar. I'm holding out hope that the D is scheming to stop the run since the secondary is a strength.

That’s the beauty of having such good corners, we can put them out on an island maybe a bit more to focus on the run. They may get beat a few times but I doubt our corners will get carved up all day unless their QB is on fire and dropping dimes all day.