SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

49 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Sarcasm. Looks nice above the last name. Would be cool to see on the helmets. 

I don’t mind the way it looks on the back. Sometimes it grows on me, sometimes I just hate it. Idk. I will never like it as much as the Sioux logo and I will stubbornly old onto the Sioux name. But I will go on record saying that on the back on these jerseys. It looks kinda sharp. I also bought one of these. But I don’t own a hawks jersey 

• Upvote 1

A few reasons Zags works:

1. Monosyllabic, fun, rolls easily off the tongue. 

2. Plural; singular sounding nicknames tend to suck, or at least be hard to modify for casual use. 

3. People (fans and media) actually use it. 

Nodak is more of a placeholder, something that desperately wants to be a fun alt-identity, but isn't. 

Try it with North Carolina. Everybody loves "Carolina" and the "Heels," but has anyone ever used "Nocar"? 

"Daks" would be closer, but still doesn't flow because people say "Duh-Kota" and not "Daa-kota." 

Great monikers happen, but cannot be forced. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

A few reasons Zags works:

1. Monosyllabic, fun, rolls easily off the tongue. 

2. Plural; singular sounding nicknames tend to suck, or at least be hard to modify for casual use. 

3. People (fans and media) actually use it. 

Nodak is more of a placeholder, something that desperately wants to be a fun alt-identity, but isn't. 

Try it with North Carolina. Everybody loves "Carolina" and the "Heels," but has anyone ever used "Nocar"? 

"Daks" would be closer, but still doesn't flow because people say "Duh-Kota" and not "Daa-kota." 

Great monikers happen, but cannot be forced. 

Well that just happened sweetheart

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Nodak is not our nickname. 

I don't understand this. It's a  relatively common nickname for the state of North Dakota (see Nodak Electric or Nodak Mutual Insurance Company)

Related - The University of California, Berkeley Golden Bears are often referred to (including on uniforms) as Cal. Cal isn't their nickname and I also don't think it's an attempt to do an end-around on the Golden Bears. I understand the issues at play here but personally I think it's reading too much into this to assume it's an attempt to get around Fighting Hawks. The logo is on the jerseys just like it is now. However instead of North Dakota it says Nodak (short for North Dakota).

• Upvote 3