SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Gee, it can’t possibly be the $4 a gallon gas, a more expensive grocery bill, or increased home cooling//upcoming heating costs affecting buying decisions, can it?

The groceries have gotten insane… I swear my bill is up at least 30-40%

41 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Don’t underestimate ASU hockey. They could be a good team lurking in the shadows. 

so true..........

big question is has/will und keep up the "we are und" when bigger schools like penn state and asu and maybe future schools like arizona or alabama add hockey?

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so true..........

big question is has/will und keep up the "we are und" when bigger schools like penn state and asu and maybe future schools like arizona or alabama add hockey?

We will. Represent!! The Legacy will always live on. Will recruiting get a little tougher? Maybe? But we have already had tougher recruiting battles. Win a championship and keep getting NHL draftees on the team and into the league and our recruiting will continue to improve.  Add marquis games like this second HOF game where 12-15,000 crazy UND fans sell out in Nashville… 

also those schools still have to complete for sports dominance with football. Especially at Penn State, ASU , Alabama (Bama hockey? Come on now…) where as hockey in GF is like all that matters in that town. It’s a big deal. You aren’t overshadowed in forks when you play on the hockey team. You are grand forks. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

We will. Represent!! The Legacy will always live on. Will recruiting get a little tougher? Maybe? But we have already had tougher recruiting battles. Win a championship and keep getting NHL draftees on the team and into the league and our recruiting will continue to improve.  Add marquis games like this second HOF game where 12-15,000 crazy UND fans sell out in Nashville… 

also those schools still have to complete for sports dominance with football. Especially at Penn State, ASU , Alabama (Bama hockey? Come on now…) where as hockey in GF is like all that matters in that town. It’s a big deal. You aren’t overshadowed in forks when you play on the hockey team. You are grand forks. 

it's the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ can we keep up with the bigger schools and all their $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

money talks and bu87sh339t walks...and gfhockey's w4's aren't that big......

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

it's the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ can we keep up with the bigger schools and all their $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

money talks and bu87sh339t walks...and gfhockey's w4's aren't that big......

That’s true. Even with some larger donors, those bigger schools have so many large donors, alumni bases and endowments. But we will be fine. A championship will go a long way. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KSSioux said:

That is normally the case with "single game sweaters".  The Ralph e-mail advertisement said they were replicas, but that could be a semantic issue.  "Replicas" do not normally come in numbered sizes (46-56), but S,M,L, XL.  Single game sweaters are normally made by the same company, but indeed lighter weight and could be a different location than the authentics, that they were multiple times.  I ordered one because I like it, so we will see if they have the quote in the collar.  I could be wrong, so we will see.

You are incorrect. Replica jersey do in fact come in numbered sizes and sometimes have a fight strap on them but that doesnt make them the same as the on ice jerseys. If you look at the tag and it says "made in Indonesia" or other foreign country, it is in fact a replica. The on ice jerseys that the team wears will say "made in Canada" on the tag. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, KSSioux said:

You are correct.  I just got confirmation from the Ralph that these are replicas and do not have the quote inside.  This is kind of strange, but understandable.  It will ramp up the price of the gamers, and they said there may be a few of the unused sweaters possibly for sale.  I know I have seen the one time gamers not being traditional weight, but lighter.  Just one example I have, I will reference the ones used in Maine to honor the coach passing were not authentic game weight. 

The ones you are referring to about Coach Walsh were in fact replica jerseys. There was no way to get on ice jerseys done as those jerseys were done last min and were screen printed numbers. It's kind of like the ones UND wore in 2003 to recognize our military services, they just took a bunch of off the rack replicas, sewed on numbers and military patches and used them in a game.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so true..........

What is the state of the Penn State, ASU, Georgia and Alabama men’s basketball programs?

UND hockey will be just fine. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/23/2022 at 4:12 PM, MafiaMan said:

Welp, for those who kicked the tires but didn’t actually send me a direct message…

P.S.  You can still send me a message and we’ll chat about these and how you could possibly still get one.

C3761F09-FEE3-4B5A-8D83-395DB21A699C.jpeg

What color green is that on the one on the left? Seems not quite kelly but could just be lighting. Also is there a reason 2 different heads were used? (Just curious)

2 hours ago, streetsahead said:

What color green is that on the one on the left? Seems not quite kelly but could just be lighting. Also is there a reason 2 different heads were used? (Just curious)

The left jersey from the 1982 set was a darker green.  The jersey on the right is patterned after the 1987 look, which used a different Indian head logo.  

• Like 1