SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

Have a hard time believing the Ralph just happened to be able to get these replicas made in 2014 just before the end of anyone ever being able to make more. haha.

At the end of the day, its a recently made replica.

Having been heavily involved in the project, I'll keep this short with two things. 

One, the company that had the jerseys made purchased a different knitting machine.  Who knows where the other machine is, but at this time you can no longer produce those jerseys to the methods that were used for the Ralph.  The company was actually in transition to their new machines at the time already and turned us down multiple times to even do one last order on the old machines after seeing the work on the new one.  

Two, the cost alone to produce them to the detail that was involved was very high in terms of materials alone.  As far as I can remember, everything was produced/knitted in the USA.  The only reason there are extras to sell is because the companies dealt with had minimum orders to even sniff the project.  

Like Frozen4sioux said, there's nothing wrong with AZSioux's replicas.  He's a legit nice guy and makes a decent sweater...they are just a modern jersey done up with old school appearance.  If you want something that is very unique and rare, and would look great in a frame, the REA authentic remakes are the way to go.

49 minutes ago, sprig said:

So are there extras in the siouxshop in addition to those worn Saturday (auctioned at the gala)? Or are the extras part of the jersey auction that is currently online?

The jersey for auction is not the same as the jerseys the team wore on Saturday.  The jerseys the team wore against the U18 team are modern air knit jerseys made to today's standards.  The one the Sioux Shop is auctioning is period accurate to the late 50s.  It is knit wool and has a much trimmer fit, amongst many other little details.

26 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

The jersey for auction is not the same as the jerseys the team wore on Saturday.  The jerseys the team wore against the U18 team are modern air knit jerseys made to today's standards.  The one the Sioux Shop is auctioning is period accurate to the late 50s.  It is knit wool and has a much trimmer fit, amongst many other little details.

Thanks for your comments on the bidding owl auction.  I was lucky enough to win the first Morelli that was put up for auction a while back, and will definitely say the quality was exceptional.  Not sure if this is the second or third of the extras that they have offered for auction, but the winner will be satisfied.  Watching the game Saturday, I agree the sweaters did not look as high of quality, but still obviously awesome sweaters.  You will notice that the Saturday sweaters did not have the "Sammy Sioux" logo.  There were also some other differences that you will see comparing the bidding owl Morelli with the ones Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Teaching moment for a rookie. Is this legit? Jersey link

Regardless if it is or isn't, what are typical tell tale signs for this style of jersey. Thanks in advance

It's a legit replica.  It's a bit hard to explain in easy enough terms in comparison to a fake one other than I've seen enough of them to know when it's legit or not.  One thing that always stands out about the Nike air knit replica jerseys was the color of green they used on them.  It was a bit neon-ish almost. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Big A HG said:

It's a legit replica.  It's a bit hard to explain in easy enough terms in comparison to a fake one other than I've seen enough of them to know when it's legit or not.  One thing that always stands out about the Nike air knit replica jerseys was the color of green they used on them.  It was a bit neon-ish almost. 

Maybe someone has done this, or maybe it's pretty much impossible to do, but man it would be great if there were a site or someplace where fans could go to see examples of each version of authentic jersey that North Dakota has worn over the years, by year.

8 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

Maybe someone has done this, or maybe it's pretty much impossible to do, but man it would be great if there were a site or someplace where fans could go to see examples of each version of authentic jersey that North Dakota has worn over the years, by year.

Fairly good collection by year(s)

http://ryan85268.tripod.com/id12.html

18 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

BRING IT BACK....BRING IT BACK....BRING IT BACK!!

The amount of time I put into the site was enormous when looking back.  Almost everything was created from scratch, based on hours upon hours of research.  It was fun for awhile years back when I was moving around and didn't have much to do in the evenings.  There was so much more I had planned for the site before I deleted it as well that I wish I could have added in.  It was going to be more of a Sioux-hockey history site than just a jersey site.  The good news is I still have most of the info, images, photos, etc I've collected through the years.  The bad news is, the site was a hard delete...there's not an on switch to turn it back live.

17 hours ago, Big A HG said:

The amount of time I put into the site was enormous when looking back.  Almost everything was created from scratch, based on hours upon hours of research.  It was fun for awhile years back when I was moving around and didn't have much to do in the evenings.  There was so much more I had planned for the site before I deleted it as well that I wish I could have added in.  It was going to be more of a Sioux-hockey history site than just a jersey site.  The good news is I still have most of the info, images, photos, etc I've collected through the years.  The bad news is, the site was a hard delete...there's not on switch to turn it back live.

Related image

Greetings all,

Still looking for a “Large” green Rebook Sioux head jersey. Replica not authentic. I do frequently check Facebook marketplace in the Fargo and Grand Forks area. Been a few on there once in a while...maybe 2 months ago, there was one for $75 and I didn’t pull the trigger. 

Please DM if anyone stumbles upon one.  

2 hours ago, Big A HG said:

The people watching on TV complained they couldn't see them easy enough, which is why they switched.  I'm with you though, they looked nicer.

Maybe that's the reason for the decline in attendance at REA?  Now, TV viewers can see the black numbers, so they can stay at home.