SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

Just now, ChesterFritz90 said:

They will still fill it in with the number. Did you not like how they did the last jersey with the number in the center of the "North Dakota" on the front?

Similar to nodak651's complaint, when purchasing a replica jersey without any numbers, there's just a big hole there.  So no, I didn't like the last jersey for that reason either.  Actual jerseys the players wear will look good.  That's why I made the "they look good on the ice" comment.

12 minutes ago, ChesterFritz90 said:

They will still fill it in with the number. Did you not like how they did the last jersey with the number in the center of the "North Dakota" on the front?

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Similar to nodak651's complaint, when purchasing a replica jersey without any numbers, there's just a big hole there.  So no, I didn't like the last jersey for that reason either.  Actual jerseys the players wear will look good.  That's why I made the "they look good on the ice" comment.

So we'll complain about the number missing from the front...but be perfectly fine with no number on the sleeves & back and no nameplate?  :huh:

21 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

They look so plain, nothing jumps out about them. Maybe if they could use the black for home and green for away, the white just seems kind of blah. Not intimidating at all! Maybe the black and green a little bit........idk 

80afe6bfcef2bd6e.jpg

Boston-font-b-College-b-font-26-Julius-M

ff_2190368_full.jpg&w=340ff_1959369_xl.jpg&w=500

8755682_orig.jpg

35 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Most universities are trying to come up with standard fonts for all sports.  I bet you'll see the football jerseys change next year as well - and these look like the basketball jerseys.  

I'm upping my grade to B+.  

Standardized font or not, I'm just not a big fan of the modern style text for the hockey jerseys. Looks like a font Miami would have on their jerseys.  But definitely can see it looking nice on the football and bball jerseys. Maybe it'll grow on me but my knee jerk reaction(only kind we have on this site :D) wasn't positive.

Actually like the logo as a shoulder patch as much as anywhere else I've seen it so that's a positive.

51 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Most universities are trying to come up with standard fonts for all sports.  I bet you'll see the football jerseys change next year as well - and these look like the basketball jerseys.  

I'm upping my grade to B+.  

I'd say the same thing about the football, basketball, volleyball, softball, baseb.... oh... wait. You get what I'm saying... 

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Can't believe some of the Twidiots who think that "something is missing" from this jersey.  

Duh...there are numbers in the middle.  

I wish they would've used numbered jerseys for their unveiling photos. I'm assuming they will use the new wordmark for them as well so it would've been nice to see

9 hours ago, GreenWing said:

I wish they would've used numbered jerseys for their unveiling photos. I'm assuming they will use the new wordmark for them as well so it would've been nice to see

Great point, they should've put Adam Tambellini, Taylor Dickin, or Jimmer on one. You know... one of the legends from UND's proud history.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Bonus points for not spelling it "yolk".  No, it did not.  It was straight-up white bordering green.  

Eggs have yolks. And those are yellow. Only those other guys are yellow

Strong bulls put the yoke on their shoulders and do the hard work. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Actually like the logo as a shoulder patch as much as anywhere else I've seen it so that's a positive.

< patting self on back > 

I said from the start that logo is great small.

It looks good on ball caps and polo shirts. It's fine as a patch on a football jersey front or hockey shoulder. It's good to about the size of a football helmet logo.

That all said, beyond that size it's not great. It's not a hockey jersey front

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I really am looking forward to seeing these new jerseys with the numbers and names on them.  These are definitely better than the previous jerseys.  The font really makes them pop.  Look at the other jerseys with just wording on it that someone previously posted.  Boston College, BU, Denver, etc....its all just plain text.  This font is different and as a result, better IMO.  Looking forward to personalizing one of these.  Now just to decide which one to get!!!