SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #4-Back to Baxter

Wilbur

After the whistle, two handed cross check to the head of a defenseless man laying on the ice ... no penalty? The league needs to review that ... both for player and officials sanctions. See: Rule 45. 

Too many dumb penalties. 

It looked to me like they were managing the defense to protect Frisch (back from injury) but get him back in game shape. Rieger got the minutes in "rugged journeyman" (aka refs letting it get out of control) times it seemed. 

• Upvote 2

It’s funny I guess, all the bitching and whining with regards to the game. I watched Gabinet’s post game and he seemed to focus on his teams emotion and execution. No whining, no bitching, just a professional evaluation of his teams performance. Yes, he’s a passionate advocate for his team, but if you want bitching and moaning just read through the above...

• Downvote 7

More bitching. More whining. Watching the game, “bad reffing” was evenly distributed. Both 5’s were rulebook. The first of which could have been a game but wasn’t. We got several PP’s that could have been ignored but weren’t. And the Mavs pressure was killed due to a whistle for a down zebra. Saville got run twice, and we all know how WE reacted when the same was done to ours by others. We tend to defend this as part of the game until...

1 minute ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

More bitching. More whining. Watching the game, “bad reffing” was evenly distributed. Both 5’s were rulebook. The first of which could have been a game but wasn’t. We got several PP’s that could have been ignored but weren’t. And the Mavs pressure was killed due to a whistle for a down zebra. Saville got run twice, and we all know how WE reacted when the same was done to ours by others. We tend to defend this as part of the game until...

Saville got run twice? You are either blind or dumb. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

What does that tool need to whine about? Refs had the game teed up for him. 

*We do need to be more disciplined because it will eventually cost us, but it doesn't change the fact that the reffing was atrocious. 

Well, not sure I would align with that description, but you’re right about discipline. The boys take unnecessary risk on some of their physical play. The hit on JT was targeting an I saw it coming by the body position taken. Stick high for balance, leading the the elbow, vulnerable player. That was the worst I have seen in weeks. Yeah, yeah, everybody pile on. He left, deserted our team. The kid did the right thing, we ought to celebrate losing a kid of his skill because he couldn’t crack the line up...

1 hour ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

More name calling. Watch. The. Game. Put your f@cking glasses on. Lost an edge my @ss.

I’m sorry, I normally don’t mind your posts but you are flat out wrong. You can call out UND fans for the whining and complaining if that makes you feel better but saying Caulfield purposefully ran Saville is utter bull$%!#. Check your own eye prescription before telling someone else to. He was putting the brakes on and lost an edge. That is clear as flipping day. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

What color Omaha jersey will you be wearing tonight?

My brother is a Gopher fan and even he commented how bad the officiating was in favor of Omaha last night. The 5 to start the game was weak but if you want to call it whatever but then be consistent as Omaha had 2 very similar hits and didn't get called for any penalty on either play.

My posts are in reaction to the childish behavior on this board. They are neither anti-Hawk, nor pro-Mav. The NCHC has had an issue of this type for years. Pro UND, anti UND. THE SAME CAN BE SAID FOR EVERY TEAM EXCEPT UMD!

My problem with the officiating last night is that it needs to be consistent. You can’t call that hit by Budy a 5min and then not even call a penalty on the other two very similar hits by UNO later in the game. 
Call it tight...fine, then call it tight both ways. 
Let em play...fine, then do that for both teams. 
Interested to see how tonight goes with the emotions running high last night. 

• Upvote 2

If you consider refs last night, there were many bad/missed calls. I am a Sioux fan but have to say that the missed calls favored Omaha more than UND last night. We can expect more of the same tonight. What UND has to take from the game last night, don’t take dumb penalties. Play physical and make them pay. Running 50 feet to nail someone is nothing but stupid. Grabbing a facemask is stupid. We were fortunate to win after taking all the bad penalties (also some bad calls) and we have to learn that if the refs are going to take every opportunity to make a call against us/for them, don’t be stupid!

• Upvote 3

I'm probably alone on this, but I don't think the Hawks were cheated last night.  Most of those penalties were just bad choices. 

This team is impressive for its hard work, skill, and ability to win.  And I happen to think they are well coached.  When they are on, they are really on.   But Frozen Four caliber teams will make them pay for lack of discipline.    

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Well, not sure I would align with that description, but you’re right about discipline. The boys take unnecessary risk on some of their physical play. The hit on JT was targeting an I saw it coming by the body position taken. Stick high for balance, leading the the elbow, vulnerable player. That was the worst I have seen in weeks. Yeah, yeah, everybody pile on. He left, deserted our team. The kid did the right thing, we ought to celebrate losing a kid of his skill because he couldn’t crack the line up...

What about Caufield getting cross checked in the head when he was on the ice? That crap is a 5 and a game and it was not called. We definitely played undisciplined but the refs blew some calls. All I ask is that the calls go both ways and that didn't happen last night.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, burd said:

I'm probably alone on this, but I don't think the Hawks were cheated last night.  Most of those penalties were just bad choices. 

This team is impressive for its hard work, skill, and ability to win.  And I happen to think they are well coached.  When they are on, they are really on.   But Frozen Four caliber teams will make them pay for lack of discipline.    

And too many lazy stick penalties too.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

It’s funny I guess, all the bitching and whining with regards to the game. I watched Gabinet’s post game and he seemed to focus on his teams emotion and execution. No whining, no bitching, just a professional evaluation of his teams performance. Yes, he’s a passionate advocate for his team, but if you want bitching and moaning just read through the above...

Same guy that called out UND for his team getting mystery concussions last year when UND was one of the least penalized in the country??  That classy guy?  

Aa far as Judd running the goalie, I've never seen a guy run a goalie feet first.  Clearly lost an edge in my opinion. 

• Upvote 4