SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

48 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

you mean the rhino john kasick? how many times has he ran for president and lost=loser

People like Kasich are what the Republican party needs to save it from itself.  

I've said it a million times, American demographics will be flipped upside down in 25 years.  The Republican party will need to liberalize, particularly socially, if it wants to survive.   Pandering to the non-college educated white male isn't gonna cut the mustard in the future.    

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

People like Kasich are what the Republican party needs needs to save it from itself.  

I've said it a million times, American demographics will be flipped upside down in 25 years.  The Republican party will need to liberalize, particularly socially, if it wants to survive.   Pandering to the non-college educated white male isn't gonna cut the mustard in the future.    

you mean the guy that won't go to a gay wedding?  good luck with that

3 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Virginia is, like, 43rd in terms of tests per capita. How confident are you in the numbers knowing that you're not testing anywhere near the level of someplace like ND (3rd), which I presume you would say is 'not doing well.'

Your take keeps looking worse and worse the more I look at the data.  You are suggesting that ND has higher number because it is testing more.  The problem is that the state is testing more AND the positive test rate is high.  If the numbers were simply due to testing the positivity rate would be quite low.  Instead, ND has a 12% positive test rate (compared to 6% for VA and 8.5% for MN).  ND is objectively doing really poorly.  But evidently you have decided that killing off people with preexisting conditions is the price of doing business, so you do you.

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

you mean the guy that won't go to a gay wedding?  good luck with that

That's his personal choice.   As long as he offers the same choice to others without discrimination, good on him.  And, by and large, kasich bas been more liberal towards gay rights than his Republican counterparts.   

Like SiouxFan100 said, this country needs moderation.  We won't survive with the nutjobs on the extreme wings of both parties leading the way.    

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Right, but minority turnout (especially blacks) was exceedingly low in 2016.  Trump even admitted low black turnout benefited him.     

Adding a huge demographic (at record numbers) into the equation when you only have, at best, 25-30% of it's support is a net disadvantage.  

Every demographic will be up this year.  It will be a net gain.  

36 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Your take keeps looking worse and worse the more I look at the data.  You are suggesting that ND has higher number because it is testing more.  The problem is that the state is testing more AND the positive test rate is high.  If the numbers were simply due to testing the positivity rate would be quite low.  Instead, ND has a 12% positive test rate (compared to 6% for VA and 8.5% for MN).  ND is objectively doing really poorly.  But evidently you have decided that killing off people with preexisting conditions is the price of doing business, so you do you.

These cult members have lost their collective minds not to mention their moral compasses.

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

I think you are confusing statistics.  Trump always had a decent Hispanic vote, especially the Cubans in FL.  His total in 2016 nationwide was estimated at 28%.

We will see when the dust settles but the 25%-30% numbers I’ve seen have been for black voters.  I’m not confusing anything.  He will be much higher with the minority vote this year is my prediction.  

13 minutes ago, homer said:

We will see when the dust settles but the 25%-30% numbers I’ve seen have been for black voters.  I’m not confusing anything.  He will be much higher with the minority vote this year is my prediction.  

I’d take some examples.  That seems unlikely to me.  Here is one example.  A +10 Biden poll so probably high, but it shows the demographics.  Black 89-8.

Edit - the new Fox News poll was 80-14 Biden among Blacks

image.png.0e257676d207fe8ac4119d89a205f934.png

• Upvote 1

all these charts/graphs/polls that people post to show one way or the other....didn't you/we learn from four years ago?  

"hey Darrell who ya gonna for vote?"  "clinton all the waay"

"who you gonna vote for D'Brickashaw?"  "clinton all the way man...F Trump"

*one of these guys was a liar in 2016

**both of these guys will be liars in 2020

6 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Screenshot_20201031-131734_Facebook.jpg

That’s actually funny.  

Reality is there is like 300 people in that picture. Something to brag about.  Not sure where that is at but he’s looking to win the “soul” of America.  I’m assuming Michigan with Obama.  Wonder what Trumps rally looked like today in Michigan. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

FB_IMG_1604173832378.jpg

The first point about the police is why some states are more in play for DT than you think. A normal reasonable person of any color isn't ok watching these riots, looters and mayhem set off by law breaking thugs. Shocking I know.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

We can keep going around in circles all day, if you'd like.  You need to look not only at tests as a total number, but also how they are being administered.  Are there targeted testing efforts?  Are specific populations being tested at higher frequencies?  Are certain people denied access to tests?  How are repeat testers being counted, and reported?  Are tests being incentivized and if so, what are the incentives doing to the testing pool?  I suspect in many places, healthy and asymptomatic 18-22 year olds are not being tested much, while UND has been dangling cash giveaways prizes to students who get tested.  Who all is getting tested?  Who is actually sick?  What specific testing methodologies are being used?  How are collectors being trained?  How are samples transported?  What error rates have been observed?  Are false positives being removed from the total "case" count?  Are the testing and reporting authorities so busy running and reporting tests that they haven't the time to do internal validation studies or quality control?

If you want to believe that state X is "doing better" than state Y based on little more than a comparison of raw positive test data, be my guest.  Your belief is built upon emotion and misleading conclusions filtered through biased media reporting lenses that are preying on the fearful, not defensible scientific principles.  If you can come up with bona fide apples to apples comparisons, free of political or quasi-political slant, I'll listen.

North Dakota is doing just fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The first point about the police is why some states are more in play for DT than you think. A normal reasonable person of any color isn't ok watching these riots, looters and mayhem set off by law breaking thugs. Shocking I know.

Nobody is OK with all this mayhem.  However that doesn't necessarily equate to an advantage for Trump.   Any reasonable person can also deduce that current levels of rioting and social turmoil did not exist before Trump.    

• Upvote 1