SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Of course he has lawyers, accountants, and tax filers.

What kind of a group of professional could they be made of, look his cabinet. Hand picked clowns that end up in trouble.

Does it not concern any of the followers where his money is loaned from and what kind of characters are involved? This part is a huge risk to our country.

Your last statement is a powerful referendum on the power of the media. You’ve already accepted their accusation as truth. Due process is dead in this country.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Of course he has lawyers, accountants, and tax filers.

What kind of a group of professional could they be made of, look his cabinet. Hand picked clowns that end up in trouble.

Does it not concern any of the followers where his money is loaned from and what kind of characters are involved? This part is a huge risk to our country.

Deutsche Bank? Enormous bank with well over a trillion dollars in assets. Is everyone with loans from Deutsche a risk to the country?

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Kavanaugh displayed he didn't have the proper temperament for the job and probably should've been pulled.  ACB has written too many partisan articles.  Gorsuch is solid though.

My temperament might be tested too if I got accused of assaulting someone 40 years ago without it being brought up until I am about to be confirmed to the highest court in the land. He deserved to be confirmed for what he was unfairly put through. You have never seen the republican pull the same stunt before have you?

Bork, Thomas, Kavanaugh...... I think karma has finally caught up with the democrats!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Deutsche Bank? Enormous bank with well over a trillion dollars in assets. Is everyone with loans from Deutsche a risk to the country?

The likelihood that President Donald Trump personally owes unknown creditors hundreds of millions of dollars has raised concerns about how the President's financial entanglements could influence his national security decisions, former officials and experts say.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-s-tax-return-revelations-stoke-long-held-national-security-concerns/ar-BB19vZwQ?ocid=msedgdhp

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Kavanaugh displayed he didn't have the proper temperament for the job and probably should've been pulled.  ACB has written too many partisan articles.  Gorsuch is solid though.

Dems schorted earth treatment of Rep appointments.  Goes back to Bork.   ACB  will be the best justice.

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The likelihood that President Donald Trump personally owes unknown creditors hundreds of millions of dollars has raised concerns about how the President's financial entanglements could influence his national security decisions, former officials and experts say.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-s-tax-return-revelations-stoke-long-held-national-security-concerns/ar-BB19vZwQ?ocid=msedgdhp

And what will you say when this comes back and isn’t actually true following the investigation? You’ll say nothing and move on to the next wild accusation the media will make. How you can’t see this pattern with the media is impossible to understand.

Unfounded accusation...media frenzy...people up in arms...orange man bad...find out the truth...move on to next unfounded accusation.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

My temperament might be tested too if I got accused of assaulting someone 40 years ago without it being brought up until I am about to be confirmed to the highest court in the land. He deserved to be confirmed for what he was unfairly put through. You have never seen the republican pull the same stunt before have you?

Bork, Thomas, Kavanaugh...... I think karma has finally caught up with the democrats!

You think the R riding out a year on Obama's appointment had nothing to do with it?

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

And what will you say when this comes back and isn’t actually true following the investigation? You’ll say nothing and move on to the next wild accusation the media will make. How you can’t see this pattern with the media is impossible to understand.

Unfounded accusation...media frenzy...people up in arms...orange man bad...find out the truth...move on to next unfounded accusation.

You actually believe T doesn't lie? Doesn't hire crooks? Listen to the debate tonight.

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You actually believe T doesn't lie? Doesn't hire crooks? Listen to the debate tonight.

I didn’t say that, what I did say is you’ve accepted that the latest accusation are true even though you have zero information to back it up. Due process doesn’t matter to you when it comes to people you don’t like.

18 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Mine too, but neither of us are fit to be Supreme Court justices.  A judge should be the smartest and calmest individual in a room with a bunch of politicians (criminals), regardless of the personal insults being thrown at them.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Mine too, but neither of us are fit to be Supreme Court justices.  A judge should be the smartest and calmest individual in a room with a bunch of politicians (criminals), regardless of the personal insults being thrown at them.

I’m not sure a person can be judged by how they respond to accusations they believe to be false against them. His actions, though driven by emotion, didn’t rise to a level that disqualifies him for me.

Edit: if I remember properly, his kids were facing serious bullying and online vitriol leading up to the hearing. He has a right to be emotional about defending his family.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’m not sure a person can be judged by how they respond to accusations they believe to be false against them. His actions, though driven by emotion, didn’t rise to a level that disqualifies him for me.

Edit: if I remember properly, his kids were facing serious bullying and online vitriol leading up to the hearing. He has a right to be emotional about defending his family.

I guess I expect more from judges, particularly supreme court justices.  A judge may feel emotions, but they should never lose control of them in a hearing.

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

I guess I expect more from judges, particularly supreme court justices.  A judge may feel emotions, but they should never lose control of them in a hearing.

That’s fair, we just disagree.

He’s a human. When your family is being threatened, I give anyone a pass for displaying emotion.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Do those same experts have the same concerns with the dealings of the Biden family?  Seems he has a history of very large money transactions that have yet to be discussed and seem to not be getting the same media scrutiny, even though they have been known about for months

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, homer said:

Do those same experts have the same concerns with the dealings of the Biden family?  Seems he has a history of very large money transactions that have yet to be discussed and seem to not be getting the same media scrutiny, even though they have been known about for months

Your comparing peanuts to coconuts!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Your comparing peanuts to coconuts!

Not when financial ties are being brought up already and will continue to be brought up.  You and I both know if a $3.5 million dollar payment from Russia showed up to one of Trumps sons in the past 5 years the media would run out of ink in the days leading to the first debate.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I'm willing to endure 4 more years of Donald J. Trump in order to bring stability back to the country.    Obama preyed on instability.  From day 1 his entire presidency was predicated on fanning the flames of division, which has given a voice to the populists, racists and nationalists.  And, in turn, radical elements on the left followed suit.  He  exposed, magnified and propagated the worst elements of our country.   Obama was a conman who appeals to the LCD of society.  

fixed

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, homer said:

Not when financial ties are being brought up already and will continue to be brought up.  You and I both know if a $3.5 million dollar payment from Russia showed up to one of Trumps sons in the past 5 years the media would run out of ink in the days leading to the first debate.  

Mostly agree. ? is the if

2020 is full of surprises, tonight will be no different.

Two different mindsets going in:
T thinking B will be a bobble head coming in and sleeping within 20 minutes.
B thinking he’ll be battling T with fact checks through out the night.
Both will be wrong?

Two high end arguments:
False claims of mail in voting, election fraud, voting lawsuits.
Tax returns.

22 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Idk. They called him a serial gang rapist. He had free reign there.

• Like 1

The Cheeto Jesus mocks his flock.  

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-secretly-mocks-his-christian-supporters/616522/

Trump Secretly Mocks His Christian Supporters

Former aides say that in private, the president has spoken with cynicism and contempt about believers.

But in private, many of Trump’s comments about religion are marked by cynicism and contempt, according to people who have worked for him. Former aides told me they’ve heard Trump ridicule conservative religious leaders, dismiss various faith groups with cartoonish stereotypes, and deride certain rites and doctrines held sacred by many of the Americans who constitute his base.

6 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-secretly-mocks-his-christian-supporters/616522/

Former aides say that in private, the president has spoken with cynicism and contempt about believers.

But in private, many of Trump’s comments about religion are marked by cynicism and contempt, according to people who have worked for him. Former aides told me they’ve heard Trump ridicule conservative religious leaders, dismiss various faith groups with cartoonish stereotypes, and deride certain rites and doctrines held sacred by many of the Americans who constitute his base.

wow another Atlantic article.  get real

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Fine by me. You are conflating him personally being non-religious with him doing right by religious people. 

I'll take a guy who privately thinks Catholicism is stupid but ensures religious freedoms over say...a guy who proclaims he is Catholic but wants to force taxpayers and employers to pay for abortions.

That article won't change a single voter's mind....its the Atlantic.

• Upvote 2