SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

10 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

If this is how we handle all future virus outbreaks we are really screwed. 

Yup...….I shutter (no pun intended) to think what happens in late October when the first fever and cough combo is reported in this country.

Good to see our local sports media are liking, and thus spreading, tweets that blame it all on Trump and call him a racist for his naming this the Chinese or Wuhan virus.  Much like CNN and MSNBC did (before they got the talking points memo).  

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Good to see our local sports media are liking, and thus spreading, tweets that blame it all on Trump and call him a racist for his naming this the Chinese or Wuhan virus.  Much like CNN and MSNBC did (before they got the talking points memo).  

Schloss?

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Hopefully they’ll also pick up on known lib Rosanna Arquette blaming the virus on...

...wait for it...

...Israel.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/actress-rosanna-arquette-issues-vicious-tweet-jewish-conspiracy-behind-coronavirus

This whole process is a big middle finger to anyone under 24 years of age. Future? Dreams? 

Seems like all our nation's chips in this poker match were put on one segment of our population in this one.

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

This whole process is a big middle finger to anyone under 24 years of age. Future? Dreams? 

Seems like all are our nation's chips in this poker match were put on one segment of our population in this one.

I was just thinking how funny it was that any high school seniors basically got the last couple months of smooth sailing cancelled.  College seniors....no, unless they are athletes.  Feel a little bit sad for them.

31 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Hopefully they’ll also pick up on known lib Rosanna Arquette blaming the virus on...

...wait for it...

...Israel.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/actress-rosanna-arquette-issues-vicious-tweet-jewish-conspiracy-behind-coronavirus

Rosanna Arquette has as much credibility as Alex Jones or Rush Limbaugh.  What kind of people take these ‘entertainers’ seriously.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Quit whining and do what YOU need to do.

I’m sorry.  I assumed the people  whining about every little detail done/not done while blaming Trump for everything regardless of outcome, were the ones whining. 

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

I’m still at a loss trying to understand why this is so different than H1N1 flu.  I understand trying to mitigate an explosion, but you can avoid dying in a car crash or a plane crash by never leaving home.

H1N1 wasn’t politicized by the main stream media. H1N1 didn’t involve having the main stream media putting the fear of God into people, creating overblown panic, resulting in a domino effect of government and businesses cratering and taking drastic measures. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, keikla said:

Same.

The rules are changing by the hour around here.  When this started, anyone who had contact with covid pt (will call that patient Z), within 14 days prior to Z showing symptoms, was quarantined.  

When I talked to DOH (repeatedly) over the weekend, they said only people who were in extended contact with Z on the day Z started showing symptoms needed quarantine.  Brief contact didn't warrant quarantine, nor did extended contact the day before Z showed symptoms.  I'm not 100% certain if this change was for everyone or only healthcare personnel, since I'm primarily worried about staff needing quarantine.

Today, the state DOH said that healthcare workers with a known exposure can continue to work with a facemask until 14 days post-exposure so long as the exposed worker remains asymptomatic.  Ideally these staff should work with patients who already have covid and not immunocompromised patients, though as the pandemic grows that is not an official requirement.  Apparently the state realized that the quarantines were decimating our staff.

All healthcare workers have been instructed to self-monitor for symptoms and do temp checks twice a day, regardless of known exposure.

There goes my belief that healthy people over the age of about six months don’t need thermometers. I guess I better see about getting one. 

• Upvote 1

When a reporter asked trump to rate himself on a 1 to 10 scale for how he is handling this I wish he would have said please rate how you have reported on this in a non biased way

Also Biden said he would have had a much better team handling this.

most of this team were with Obama too since they are career government employees

42 minutes ago, keikla said:

Same.

The rules are changing by the hour around here.  When this started, anyone who had contact with covid pt (will call that patient Z), within 14 days prior to Z showing symptoms, was quarantined.  

When I talked to DOH (repeatedly) over the weekend, they said only people who were in extended contact with Z on the day Z started showing symptoms needed quarantine.  Brief contact didn't warrant quarantine, nor did extended contact the day before Z showed symptoms.  I'm not 100% certain if this change was for everyone or only healthcare personnel, since I'm primarily worried about staff needing quarantine.

Today, the state DOH said that healthcare workers with a known exposure can continue to work with a facemask until 14 days post-exposure so long as the exposed worker remains asymptomatic.  Ideally these staff should work with patients who already have covid and not immunocompromised patients, though as the pandemic grows that is not an official requirement.  Apparently the state realized that the quarantines were decimating our staff.

All healthcare workers have been instructed to self-monitor for symptoms and do temp checks twice a day, regardless of known exposure.

Things there are different. Especially concerning are the outbreaks in major population areas. 
Restaurants closing today in rural Mn where there have been no outbreaks yet. Schools here and neighboring NDak closed though CDC has logarithm that did not recommend closing. Hopefully we can “flatten the curve” and come up with a comprehensive plan to allow schools to reopen and some evidence based guidelines for people to get back to work.

Stay safe and thanks for your work. Your lessons learned will be valuable to the rest of us as this spreads. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Kab said:

When a reporter asked trump to rate himself on a 1 to 10 scale for how he is handling this I wish he would have said please rate how you have reported on this in a non biased way

most of this team were with Obama too since they are career government employees

We wouldn't have this lockdown situation if the country would have had access to testing earlier and had testing readily available.  We didn't have access to testing and do not have access to testing now because Trump declined the WHO's test. He declined the tests because he figured positive tests would be bad for his re-election.  He also fired most of the people with experience handling something like this in 2018 and hampered the work of those left behind.  

You can try and blame this on the media all you want but we're here because this administration is incompetent and criminally corrupt and you're not going to get 60% of this country to turn a blind eye to it just because you have.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

We wouldn't have this lockdown situation if the country would have had access to testing earlier and had testing readily available.  We didn't have access to testing and do not have access to testing now because Trump declined the WHO's test. He declined the tests because he figured positive tests would be bad for his re-election.  He also fired most of the people with experience handling something like this in 2018 and hampered the work of those left behind.  

You can try and blame this on the media all you want but we're here because this administration is incompetent and criminally corrupt and you're not going to get 60% of this country to turn a blind eye to it just because you have.

Lofl.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Incorrect.  We are not where we are today because of a lack of test kits.  There was no way, repeat again, zero, no way that we were going to use test kits to isolate and contain every positive person (and carrier object) out there.  And even if by some crazy miracle we did, quarantine does not work- read the models.  

This virus is airborne- woukd you use the test kits to find the positive and then just kill them and incinerate their bodies?  Would you separate the uninfected and lock them in clean rooms and let the sick battle it out.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

Incorrect.  We are not where we are today because of a lack of test kits.  There was no way, repeat again, zero, no way that we were going to use test kits to isolate and contain every positive person (and carrier object) out there.  And even if by some crazy miracle we did, quarantine does not work- read the models.  

This virus is airborne- woukd you use the test kits to find the positive and then just kill them and incinerate their bodies?  Would you separate the uninfected and lock them in clean rooms and let the sick battle it out.

yzerman.........you have a call on line 3. Some guy named DeBlasio?

Testing makes people feel like they are doing something, when in reality it accomplishes nothing for the general public.  There is no treatment or cure beyond time and support I.e fluids, oxygen, secondary infection treatment.  Possibly some antiviral therapies have seen positive results...immunothrapies are being actively pursued as well.

Tests are also imperfect- you would “imprison” healthy people and let spreaders walk.  

it’s a scapegoat to blame testing, and it’s misplaced

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Testing makes people feel like they are doing something, when in reality it accomplishes nothing for the general public.  There is no treatment or cure beyond time and support I.e fluids, oxygen, secondary infection treatment.  Possibly some antiviral therapies have seen positive results...immunothrapies are being actively pursued as well.

Tests are also imperfect- you would “imprison” healthy people and let spreaders walk.  

it’s a scapegoat to blame testing, and it’s misplaced

Well in MN they are letting nonviolent criminals out of jail to combat this crisis. 

50 minutes ago, Kab said:

I always love that level of Monday morning quarterbacking...I’m sure Biden could have fielded a better team than the Kansas City Chiefs, too.  Media:  “you’re damn right he could have!”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic