SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Let's play over/under...…….Dougie caves and shutters everything in ND by 5 pm Friday. I'll say under.....well before then.

Went to get donuts for the staff this morning. All now individually packaged.

First guy I see in the store...….70+ male with a mask and latex gloves on.  Not joking.  Glad he got the memo. SMH.

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Trump has admitted he was wrong. Fox News has admitted they were wrong. When will we as ND residents finally catch up and realize this is serious? We have been almost unscathed so far and hopefully we can preserve. 

Lets all remember the Democratic front-runner recently stated he would not have banned travel from China and its xenophobic/racist to call it the Wuhan Virus.  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Let's play over/under...…….Dougie caves and shutters everything in ND by 5 pm Friday. I'll say under.....well before then.

It's sure trending that way.  I'll take the under, which is probably bet down to -240 by now.  May need to adjust the line to Thursday 5:00 p.m.

What's the action if I parlay that with school being done for the year and taking the under 1m deaths?

32 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What?  

Been stuck under a rock I take it?

it was a matter of days ago that trump said this is nothing to worry about. Now he is recommending to not gather in groups larger than 10 and to stay home.

It was also a few days ago that Fox News was defending trump’s stance and making jokes about social distancing. Now they are admitting they were wrong and practicing social distancing themselves. 

Do we start start taking this seriously finally?

Have a good day everyone and please stay safe!

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

it was a matter of days ago that trump said this is nothing to worry about. Now he is recommending to not gather in groups larger than 10 and to stay home.

It was also a few days ago that Fox News was defending trump’s stance and making jokes about social distancing. Now they are admitting they were wrong and practicing social distancing themselves. 

I don't know, maybe in a few months we will start taking it seriously, like your guy Biden has.  :silly:

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

It's sure trending that way.  I'll take the under, which is probably bet down to -240 by now.  May need to adjust the line to Thursday 5:00 p.m.

What's the action if I parlay that with school being done for the year and taking the under 1m deaths?

Your guaranteed Trifecta winner...….under on Friday closings and 1M. Over on school being done.... I'd be surprised if they open in August.

How do you function like this?

616X9S-goKL._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Italy Stats for first 1000 deaths:

Average age - 80.3

47% of deceased had at least 2-3 preconditions.

2 deaths under 40 years of age.  (both had preconditions)

The biggest danger lies with, where do we put the people with heart attacks, ruptured appendixes, gun shot wounds, etc...when they get to a hospital that is running at 300% capacity?

Good leaders know enough to not stoke panic and fear. Would you rather he announced the apocalypse was imminent?

You should get your remote control fixed. There are plenty of clips out there of CNN, MSNBC, etc. reporters making fun of both the social distancing plan and also making fun of Trump’s China travel ban. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, keikla said:

Yeah, that definitely helps.  A major improvement in patient compliance would also do wonders.

Kentucky approved for pharmacists to authorize up to an additional 30 day supply of "critical maintenance medications" for established patients on established medications until the end of the 'crisis'.  I'm not sure how much time per day that would save outpatient LIP offices on refill requests.

NY is working to authorize pharmacies to do flu swabs so patients don't have to visit their PCP or an urgent care in order to rule out.

Almost every private insurer has waived member liability for testing, removed early refill edits or allowed overrides for early refills- in some cases 90 days, and extended existing prior authorizations for additional months.  Healthcare system is doing the right things.  Volume is currently manageable from what I’m seeing.

Stats being reported in this country are also promising from rate of new infection and certainly deaths. Each hour brings more info, and we aren’t out of the woods yet, but we seem to be managing on the health side...economically we have a much different story.  

I bought a handle of Crown yesterday- just in case they close booze sales...Bay area under lockdown...LA still open for business.

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

A04A1D85-FFC7-4539-898F-8293CFEAE2F2.gif

Absolutely hilarious movies.  I still remember the joke about the never-filled fourth episode, due out after OJ Simpson went to trial:

The Naked Gun 4 1/4:  Nordberg Gets the Chair

40 minutes ago, keikla said:

Yeah, that definitely helps.  A major improvement in patient compliance would also do wonders.

Kentucky approved for pharmacists to authorize up to an additional 30 day supply of "critical maintenance medications" for established patients on established medications until the end of the 'crisis'.  I'm not sure how much time per day that would save outpatient LIP offices on refill requests.

NY is working to authorize pharmacies to do flu swabs so patients don't have to visit their PCP or an urgent care in order to rule out.

Thanks. I have appreciated your info and insight.