SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Not gonna argue with this. Smithfield's Sioux Falls plant being shut down indefinitely sure isn't going to help the situation. If they would have acknowledged and addressed what changes had to be made in their plants months or even weeks ago they'd still probably be operating at some level in SD. Instead we still have people arguing that we aren't New York or Chicago. Well it's getting too late for that argument.

How do you know this?

3 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

How do you know this?

Well, he may not be a processing plant expert, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  

“Trust the science” or something like that, right?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Siouxphan27 said:

How do you know this?

I've read a few articles but I think most here would call it fake news so won't even post any links.

They may say they made attempts, well they didn't try hard enough. The infected count speaks for itself.

16 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Thankfully,  the virus also doesn't transmit from the under 44 to the over 44.

Remember folks, it's better to have coronavirus than the flu says our medical expert. 

How many hospital beds do the under 44 need and take from the over 44? How many systems get overwhelmed because the olds have to die to keep the economy going. 

Yup....."the surge"! 

The financial ruin of healthcare systems in this country will dwarf those that are "overwhelmed" but you keep parroting that.

5 minutes ago, southpaw said:

They said probably. I know this is difficult, fourth grade stuff, but here's pretty, moving pictures to explain:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/ping-pong-ball-video-social-distancing-coronavirus-mouse-traps-psa-covid-19-a9461746.html?jwsource=cl

If only running a meat processing plant was as easy as playing with ping pong balls...

55 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I admittedly have no experience operating a meat packing plant either. 

With that said common sense says working shoulder to shoulder in a food plant without proper PPE is a no no. And forcing employees to come in to work when they are ill is also not good. Hopefully when and if they re-open they'll have a more responsible operating plan in place.

Based on your first statement you should have enough common sense to not write the second.

1 hour ago, Walsh Hall said:

It's wonderful that we have a processing plant expert in our midst that can educate us on the proper meat packing sanitation methods which can be utilized when dealing with pandemics, including the supply chain and health ramifications...

I, admittedly, have no real clue on how to properly run a meat processing plant, and what steps can reasonable be taken to safeguard the employees.  I'd be completely leaving my lane to question the day-to-day operations of such an operation.

It's wonderful that you are an expert and can educate us...  or just maybe you have absolutely no clue on how to operate a meat processing plant and you are pulling stuff out of your butt.

Oh come one now..... we have numerous posters posting about epidemiology and statistics, that are clearly pulling stuff out their ass (ie. Oxbow, UND1983, etc.)

1 minute ago, Walsh Hall said:

Based on your first statement you should have enough common sense to not write the second.

Since I have no experience running a meat packing plant I should feel comfortable with shoulder to shoulder working conditions and an employer encouraging people to come to work sick which caused over 600 infections during the covid pandemic?

You do realize that this business's decisions have affected everyone in our region, so each and every one of us has a right to be concerned.

3 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Oh come one now..... we have numerous posters posting about epidemiology and statistics, that are clearly pulling stuff out their ass (ie. Oxbow, UND1983, etc.)

Says the one who claimed a week or so ago that COVID has killed more than any war in history. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

What did I write that is incorrect or completely off base?

4 minutes ago, dynato said:

To be fair, you never trusted the numbers to begin with, despite input from medical professionals in this forum and validation from our president. 

Not to speak for him, but if I recall Cratter never believed the doomsday death projections.  It's looking like he was correct.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

There is a legitimate debate as to the best way to mitigate the cumulative damage of COVID, everywhere from shutting everything down indefinitely, to doing absolutely nothing.  That can be respectfully debated and the arguments can be supported by statistics. 

That's much different than bloviating about safety at a job you nothing about (I know not you personally...), when you don't know what happened, and just think that your "common sense" is smarter than people with actual knowledge.  The "common sense" may very well not be possible and may cause far great danger to the employees.