SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

The stereotype wording of the accent was racially insensitive.  

we’re better than that.  All of us.  I’m not a fan of the Chinese government and their covid actions, manipulations, and lies, but....no need for the shot on pronunciation and bad photo.  

im not a we are the world guy, but no need for a slough foot on good Chinese.  

ive known you both on the board for years- I know it’s silly, but others can read it wrong, then we’ll see all sorts of stupidity come out.

16 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

The stereotype wording of the accent was racially insensitive.  

we’re better than that.  All of us.  I’m not a fan of the Chinese government and their covid actions, manipulations, and lies, but....no need for the shot on pronunciation and bad photo.  

im not a we are the world guy, but no need for a slough foot on good Chinese.  

ive known you both on the board for years- I know it’s silly, but others can read it wrong, then we’ll see all sorts of stupidity come out.

In reality white people are more racially sensitive than any other group and often and unsolicited on behalf of other groups. Life is funny, race is a part of life. 

On 4/14/2020 at 7:21 PM, Siouxphan27 said:

So now your argument is that food is not essential, and that darn South Dakota governor should’ve shut it down?   

Why don’t you ask your question of the livestock producers that are now sitting with full yards and pot loads of slaughterweight livestock already heading to market.   Or the end users who now are suddenly unable to secure product.  

You remind me of the type of person who might think that milk originates at a grocery store.   Or that the brown cows produce the chocolate.  

Oh yes I understand everything is essential, unfortunately more essential than human life.

I just realized I have some Smithfield bacon in the freezer packed in March. Do you want it?

On 4/14/2020 at 1:18 PM, Oxbow6 said:

The early betting line for the jobless claims report for this Thursday morning is at 4.8M. Over or under?

If you bet the over your stimulus check is on its way.

5.25M more claims this morning. That's 22M+ out of work so far in 3 weeks........but nothing to see here.

In the classified category of "When does this end" Mayor Mahoney decide to close all parks in Fargo. Seven months of winter, kids being kicked out of their classrooms and models projecting no surge but let's make sure kids can't down a slide now that the temperatures look like they might climb above 50. Nice to see his judgement carried over to mayor as it did when he was a surgeon.

Plus the FPD said they will be out informing this order with fines up to $1000.

7 hours ago, Cratter said:

Can you imagine how high the deaths from H1N1 would have been had they counted the deaths the same way they are starting to for the coronavirus.

As Keikla mentioned in a post prior, there has been no major adjustments to the way deaths have been documented by medical professionals. Suspicion of a flu death has always lead to a cause of death being labeled as the flu, without there being a test. 

The CDC has had guidelines for decades about how to count deaths. This is from the handbook of death registration provided by the CDC in 2003.  (Page 23)
image.png.0aed7bf7b8a56d221a56fede8ab1cca4.png
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/misc/hb_me.pdf

Can you imagine that the coronavirus is so bad that the CDC had to alter its virus reporting procedures specifically to account for all extra deaths being seen?

Do you have any idea why the CDC needed to give states and medical professionals updated guidance on COVID? 
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/

It is because an 800% increase of people dying at home in NYC is probable cause for documenting COVID more so than standard flu. 
It is also because the guidance on including nursing homes deaths was poor. Nursing homes and long term care facilities are getting wiped out. Some states included this data, some didn't.
 https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/us/coronavirus-nursing-homes.html

Each of these things were not widely experienced with H1N1 like they are for coronavirus.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

In the classified category of "When does this end" Mayor Mahoney decide to close all parks in Fargo. Seven months of winter, kids being kicked out of their classrooms and models projecting no surge but let's make sure kids can't down a slide now that the temperatures look like they might climb above 50. Nice to see his judgement carried over to mayor as it did when he was a surgeon.

Plus the FPD said they will be out informing this order with fines up to $1000.

The extended power trip a handful of elected people are on is boundless.  If everything's an emergency, then nothing is an emergency.

At what point can our slightly more representative form of government (state legislature, city council, etc.) finally get involved.  Don't they owe it to us?

As flawed as the state legislature is, at least there could be open debate about the necessity, scope, extent, and duration of restrictions.  One size does not fit all.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

5M more claims this morning. That's 22M out of work so far in 3 weeks........but nothing to see here.

Best part about the "stimulus" is that high earners who lost their jobs/livelihood due to the lockdown (and through no absolutely no fault of their own) get NOTHING, that is, until they file next year's taxes and can claim a credit.  The income threshold for this "relief" is an absolute joke.  If you think $175-200k/year for a household is "wealthy," then you are out of touch.  Classism is ugly in both directions.

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

5M more claims this morning. That's 22M out of work so far in 3 weeks........but nothing to see here.

The DOW having its best week in decades despite 16M unemployment last week should have been telling.
22M out of work and the market is still up today.

This is what I would be mad about if I were you. Big business not flinching and showing it has no need for the 22M unemployed. 

2 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Best part about the "stimulus" is that high earners who lost their jobs/livelihood due to the lockdown (and through no absolutely no fault of their own) get NOTHING, that is, until they file next year's taxes and can claim a credit.  The income threshold for this "relief" is an absolute joke.  If you think $175-200k/year for a household is "wealthy," then you are out of touch.  Classism is ugly in both directions.

Median  household income in grand forks is $48,000/year. 
Median household income for the entire USA is $61,000/year.
https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2019/09/us-median-household-income-up-in-2018-from-2017.html

Yeah, I would place 175K a year as wealthy. If you are living paycheck to paycheck off that kind of money it is kind of pathetic. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, dynato said:

Median  household income in grand forks is $48,000/year. 
Median household income for the entire USA is $61,000/year.
https://www.census.gov/library/stories/2019/09/us-median-household-income-up-in-2018-from-2017.html

Yeah, I would place 175K a year as wealthy. If you are living paycheck to paycheck off that kind of money it is kind of pathetic. 

Tad judgmental this morning?  Wealth and income are not exactly synonymous.

19 minutes ago, dynato said:

The DOW having its best week in decades despite 16M unemployment last week should have been telling.
22M out of work and the market is still up today.

This is what I would be mad about if I were you. Big business not flinching and showing it has no need for the 22M unemployed. 

Wow........

51 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Oh yes I understand everything is essential, unfortunately more essential than human life.

I just realized I have some Smithfield bacon in the freezer packed in March. Do you want it?

You are correct; when weighing the “value of human life,” as in this case comparing the possibility of getting corona vs dying of starvation, we should choose starvation.  All food production should have halted at the first whiff of the virus in the U.S.  As you suggest, people should’ve just stopped eating food altogether, eliminating the possibility of getting corona from anyone involved in the food industry.  Brilliant. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Tad judgmental this morning?  Wealth and income are not exactly synonymous.

Do you need help defining the difference between the two and the impact income typically has on the ability to accumulate wealth? Especially in relation to income that is 360% larger than the average grand forks household? 

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Wow........

This is the harsh reality that I do not understand. 

Cramer On Viral Screenshot: 'There Is No Joy In Stockville'

30 minutes ago, dynato said:

You aren't getting the difference between Wall St. and Main St.

Wall St. is forward looking, Main St. is trying to figure out this afternoon.  Strong companies with strong balance sheets will be fine in 3 years.  P & G will be fine in 1 year.   The mom and pop diner unfortunately probably won't.

That's not big business dissing the little guy, it's a completely different metric.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

You are correct; when weighing the “value of human life,” as in this case comparing the possibility of getting corona vs dying of starvation, we should choose starvation.  All food production should have halted at the first whiff of the virus in the U.S.  As you suggest, people should’ve just stopped eating food altogether, eliminating the possibility of getting corona from anyone involved in the food industry.  Brilliant. 

The owners of the plant and the governor of South Dakota blatantly failed to protect the workers at this plant as well as the safety of South Dakota residents. It didn’t need to shut down due to the Coronavirus but I’m sure there’s a number of measures that could have been taken to prevent 600 plus from being infected. Yet they continued to work shoulder to shoulder, thousands sharing the same break rooms and restrooms, and were urged to come to work while ill. 

If this is is too difficult for you to comprehend maybe you’d be a good candidate to work for Smithfield when they ramp production back up.

Just now, Walsh Hall said:

You aren't getting the difference between Wall St. and Main St.

Wall St. is forward looking, Main St. is trying to figure out this afternoon.  Strong companies with strong balance sheets will be fine in 3 years.  P & G will be fine in 1 year.   The mom and pop diner unfortunately probably won't.

That's not big business dissing the little guy, it's a completely different metric.

Typically the bottom line of today's main st impacts wall street, right? The bottom line is 22M unemployed without a great plan for opening up and getting them back to work. My worry looking forward is the same 22M and counting jobs not returning when the economy is opened back up. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, dynato said:

Do you need help defining the difference between the two and the impact income typically has on the ability to accumulate wealth? Especially in relation to income that is 360% larger than the average grand forks household?  

Did you just purposely ignore the difference between wealth and the ability to accumulate wealth to try to make a point?  With that kind of leaping you should be in the Olympics this summer...err, next year in Tokyo.

As of yesterday Dr. Birx stated there were nine states that had less than 1000 total confirmed cases and no days with 30+ positive new cases...………………….guess Mahoney and Burgum missed that memo.

#factsnotfear

#nohaircuts

#noteetertotters

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic