SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

35 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Answer ? with a ?
I'll play.
Has Covid broke T's back?

I think it's very difficult for an incumbant to overcome getting that hand. I don't think anyone else would have done noticeably better other than messaging.

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Ivy League cancels winter sports seasons.

Just stay at home for two weeks they said...

I’m waiting for Evers and Walz to jump in with the church ban-hammers again...maybe church leaders of all denominations will finally figure out what the real end-game is here.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) on Thursday issued a stay-at-home advisory and called on residents to cancel their “traditional” Thanksgiving plans as part of an effort to combat the spread of coronavirus.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/11/12/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-issues-stay-at-home-advisory-asks-residents-to-cancel-thanksgiving-plans/

Lockdown, you'd better take care...

If I find you've been creepin' unmasked out there....

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Elon Musk claims he took four Covid test on the same day, same testing  machine with same nurse.

2 positive and 2 negative.

Not that long ago, the most compelling tasks for health department scientists were to verify the water temperature under the crab rangoon at the Panda Buffet and refill the STD brochure racks at local high schools.  These same people now wield unimaginable power, quality control (apparently) be damned.  Even under the best of circumstances, there is no way to have the kind of throughput we are seeing in usually quiet laboratories without QC/QA shortcuts being taken.  What controls are even in place?

• Upvote 2

My aunt and uncle have come up positive.

My aunt says, if she was still working, this morning she'd have popped a couple Advil and gone in to work and had a "slow day at work". She's about Day 7 post exposure and Day 3 of post-positive test. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

My aunt says, if she was still working, this morning she'd have popped a couple Advil and gone in to work and had a "slow day at work". She's about Day 7 post exposure and Day 3 of post-positive test. 

Glad to hear.  That is the experience that 99.9% of Americans will have if they have taken care of themselves over the years and aren't 100 years old. 

• Upvote 1

My aunt's experience is exactly why I believe the case rate is so high in the Dakotas, Wyoming, and Montana* right now. 

Folks here don't (can't) slow down for a headache or a runny nose. Sore joints or body aches are far too common for many laborers so they don't notice. Right or wrong, historically, many go to work through it. 

*I left out MN as a "dis" to Mister Walz. ;) 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

My aunt's experience is exactly why I believe the case rate is so high in the Dakotas, Wyoming, and Montana* right now. 

Folks here don't (can't) slow down for a headache or a runny nose. Right or wrong, they go to work through it. 

*I left out MN as a "dis" to Mister Walz. ;) 

I agree. How many people refuse to get tested and just power through? Can you even blame them, test positive and your life gets completely tipped upside down for weeks. Not to mention everyone around you also has their life screwed up as well. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I had a mild cold and cough for a couple days and in normal times I would not have missed a day of work. 

Firm believer that Vitamin D can lessen the symptoms and increase recovery time.

$20 for a years supply.